Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone

I have just become the owner of a 1996 Rav4max It has alloy wheels with centre wheel caps but I have no wheel cap key. Does anyone know where I can obtain one of these in the UK Toyota are less than helpful.

Cheers Richard

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
When you say wheel cap key - do you mean one of the bolts or the whole hub cap

There are ways of getting a single nut on - but, if it's the whole hub it is probably more difficult - I suspect you would have to buy new ones and destroy the old ones getting them off

... alternatively you could try to contact the last owner?

Post a picture

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ag0w said:
Thank you for your reply.
The wheels I have are aloys there is a small cap covering the central part over the wheel nuts with a special bolt holding it on that has a serated recess and an octaganal raised area in the middle there should be a special key to get it off.

It was the previous owner that lost the key and Toyota say they are not made anymore

regards richard

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
azaz932001 said:
ag0w said:
Thank you for your reply.
The wheels I have are aloys there is a small cap covering the central part over the wheel nuts with a special bolt holding it on that has a serated recess and an octaganal raised area in the middle there should be a special key to get it off.

It was the previous owner that lost the key and Toyota say they are not made anymore

regards richard
Take it to a decent tyre place --- there are all sorts of tricks and tools - some as simple as hammering a slightly smaller socket on top to spot welding a bolt to it that can be undone

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wheel Cap Key

Thank you for your responses, :) I will bear all that in mind.

Richard.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts