Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm wondering if anyone can help me... I needed another set of alloys for some winter tyres. Looking on eBay, I found some Lexus wheels that the seller said would fit my 2004 RAV4. So I bought them.

The problem is; the RAV4 is in france and I'm in the UK and I don't want to take the wheels over if brute not going to fit. I believe that the stud pattern is fine but I'm worried about offset etc.

Screenshot of the listing attached.

Anyone know if I've messed up here!?

Attachments

·
Registered
4,400 Posts
You maybe ok I checked a Lexus GS 300 which has an offset of 45 (2002 to 2005) and the RAV4 (Gen2) has a 45 offset. This is all assuming it is a factory alloy wheel. I hope it comes with the center cap which the picture is not showing.

You can play with the models by looking at this site. Another thing is you have a European model so that maybe different than the North American models.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for your help. That site is great. It seems the wheels are actually from a Lexus IS220 - so I just used that site and I think I may be ok. The seller did say they will fit no issue. So hopefully I'll have a unique looking RAV with these rims on.

Regarding centre caps... no, they didn't arrive with any. Do you know what size caps I need!?

Thank you again for your reply and help!

·
Registered
4,400 Posts
Thank you for your help. That site is great. It seems the wheels are actually from a Lexus IS220 - so I just used that site and I think I may be ok. The seller did say they will fit no issue. So hopefully I'll have a unique looking RAV with these rims on.

Regarding centre caps... no, they didn't arrive with any. Do you know what size caps I need!?

Thank you again for your reply and help!
No idea about the center caps. It is strange it did not come with any but perhaps the seller forgot to give it to you?

·
Registered
419 Posts
Our Gen3 Limited came with 17" allow rims, base model had 16" steelies.
- I put 1/2 wider and slightly different offset on our 2008 / new rims from a 2013 Highlander
- fit & clearance was perfect...follow the link
http://www.rav4world.com/forums/97-...r-oem-rims-2013-rav4-2008-limited-offset.html
- the RAV4 and Highlander center caps, look virtually the same from Toyota

Winter is approaching & time for swapping out the M&S summer tires.

Bought the low mileage RAV4 this summer, wearing Michelin snow tires & SUV came with the OEM aluminum rims & nuts.
- luckily the rusty steel rims, scared away the first two buyers
- otherwise, the RAV4 was totally rust free, even the undercarriage

As purchased:

Used the rusty rims & tires for safety check , next day purchase new Firestone Le2 tires & installed on the factory 6-spoke aluminum rims:

Now comes the 2013 Highlander OEM 17" rims, new 7-spoke takeoffs with 800 Km:
- these rims will be my summer wheels with the Firestone Le2 rubber

From what I gathered: Bolt pattern | Stud Pattern : Toyota Bolt Pattern

2008 RAV4 Limited - rim size = 17x7 & 5x114.3 bolt pattern, with a 45 mm offset
- Hub/Center Bore = 60 mm hole for Toyota center cap

2013 Highlander - rim size = 17x7.5 & 5x114.3 bolt pattern, with a 35 mm offset
- Hub/Center Bore = 60.1 mm hole for Toyota center caps

^^ Only the rim width (1/2 inch) so offset is different by 10 mm - anyone see a problem, with this?
- the new Highlander rims will be for summer now & RAV4 OEM rims for winter driving
Cheers, Larry

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone; I feel like I'll go for it! Will try the Lexus wheels and report back when I finally get over to France, this winter.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I got the Lexus alloys and had them refurbed + put on a new set of Winter Nokians... I got some centre caps off eBay - and now I'm a little worried.

The centre caps on eBay were described as 'Toyota wheel centre caps' - which is perfect - but I'm alarmed because they do not fit on the Lexus alloys - they go half way down the centre bore hole.

Again; I can't check if these fit the car properly as I'm in the UK and my RAV4 is in france. I have to take these wheels a long way to get them on the car for my winter stay in france. So I'm worried that my purchase of the alloys AND the refurb could still be a waste of time...

Any help or tips appreciated. Pictures attached below:

Attachments

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hi Rav4Alps,
If the Center Bore is 60.1 mm (the diameter of the center hole measured on the inside of the wheel) then they must fit your RAV.
The center diameter on the outside can be slightly different and is just for the centercap, to bad for you because they are nice caps.

Remco

Ohh, if the inner center bore is bigger/higher then 60,1 mm then you can/have to install hub centering rings.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you Remco! I now understand that the centre bore can flare out and therefore I need the right centre caps. I have now ordered the correct centre caps. Jeeeeez; this alloy swapping is a real roller coaster. Good news is; it seems that after a ton of checks; the alloys will at least fit the car as all the specs are identical. I just need to take these wheels to france now and finally get them fitted; can't wait!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts