Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thinking about winter tires..need info on what other Rav4 generation's wheels will fit 1st Gen...or any others cars/yrs.will fit..using 215x16's..thx

·
Premium Member
1999 Toyota RAV4 with 3MZ-FE 6 cylinder engine, camo wrap, OME lift, heavily modded
2,045 Posts
Check out tirerack.com it will list what wheel sizes and lug patterns are standard.

·
Registered
24 Posts
The pattern is a 5 on 4.5. Thats 5 lugs with 4.5inches of space between stud center to stud center. But studs that are across from each other, not next to each other. This pattern has been used by toyota, dodge, ford and jeep. Probably other manufacturers aswell, but i know these ones for sure. For example, an older jeep wrangler wheel could fit. Or even some of the dodge ram 17s could fit. Or 20s off of the newer chargers and challengers. There are a zillion wheels with this patter from oem companies. But you need to pay attention to clearing the caliper on your rav and back spacing to avoid inner fender rubbing. Also, some manufacturers use different hub bore diameters. This means some wheels won't it certain hubs without machining the bore to a larger diameter. That's not usually an issue though. Hub bore and backspacing can be resolved with wheel spacers though.

·
Registered
609 Posts
My local tire shop had new steel wheels that fit my Rav4 great, 4 years now and no complaints.
Since I was getting the tires there anyway it was easy, and at $15 each I found the price fair.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts