Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 06 Rav4 base comes with 17" simulated steel rims and soft spare tire cover. And engine immobilizer. I dont think thief want my steel rim and tire.

Anyone thinking about Wheel Locks to protect from stealing?

http://www.toyota.com/rav4/accessories.html

I guess it will work fine, but don't you get annoyed? I mean carrying and giving the keyed bolt to mechanics etc.

·
Registered
6,348 Posts
ya mean you have fake steel rims???? :lol: JK.

I don't think you need em but my dealer threw in a set for free. Theres no big market for stock Toyota steel wheels, or alum ones for that matter. Its the aftermarket rims that get stolen.

sean20202020 said:
I have 06 RAV4 base comes with 17" simulated steel rims and soft spare tire cover. And engine immobilizer. I dont think thief want my steel rim and tire.

Anyone thinking about Wheel Locks to protect from stealing?

http://www.toyota.com/RAV4/accessories.html

I guess it will work fine, but don't you get annoyed? I mean carrying and giving the keyed bolt to mechanics etc.

·
Super Moderator
1,559 Posts
I had wheel locks on the '97 but not on the '01... I was debating whether to get them post puchase, since they're really not that expensive. But, I never got around to it and my alloys have yet to be stolen, so it's a moot point. However, anyone with the Toyota lug keys can take them off, so it really only foils the amateur thieves...

K

·
0 Posts
In a related yet off-topic post, when I lived in Miami I had my license plate stolen. So when I picked up the new one I bought the theft-deterrent screws. Well, that deterred them from stealing my license plate again. Instead they just used metal cutters and clipped the corner of my plate that had my new sticker for the year. LoL :lol:

·
Registered
6,348 Posts
few years back that was a popular pastime in Philly so the state decided to issue philly residents yellow 5"x 5" stickers that went on the inside of the rear windows as the date sticker for that car. Thats thankfully only lasted a few years and now we are back to plate date stickers

B

·
0 Posts
I had all four wheels stolen off a previous car whilst it sat in a busy public car park, in the middle of the day, despite the wheel locks.

Mind you, that was in Glasgow where locals consider pretty much anything and everything public property.

V

·
0 Posts
Baron G said:
I had all four wheels stolen off a previous car whilst it sat in a busy public car park, in the middle of the day, despite the wheel locks.

Mind you, that was in Glasgow where locals consider pretty much anything and everything public property.
Glasgow eh? At least it wasn't while you were stopped at a red light....LOL!!! Some crazy stuff goes on out there. :shock:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts