Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any one have factory wheel locks? I am trying to find the key for them. Where does Toyota put the wheel lock key when they ship a vehicle?

Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
3,348 Posts
Rear left side storage compartment in the rear cargo area contains a plastic tool pouch. The wheel lock key "should" be somewhere in this bag... possibly attached to one of the tools.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I had the dealer replace the wheel lock bolts with regular ones. I had a bad experience with those a few years ago on a VW Jetta. I was attempting to remove the nut and it came apart! The "keyhole" part of the nut came off of the nut itself. I took it to the dealer and they had to "hack" it off and damaged the wheel in doing so.

Plus, if its dark and bad weather and you are changing a wheel, I hate fiddling around with those keys. Besides, when is the last time you've seen a car jacked up and the wheels gone? It just doesn't happen that much to warrant these lock nuts.

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am missing that tool pouch inside the compartment, which is probably where the wheel lock key is, I guess I have to make another trip to the dealer. :( :cry: :x

·
Registered
252 Posts
G Man,

I also thought my tool case was missing, but it was buried in the left compartment. I had to fish around with my hand in there to find it. Have a real good look (and feel), its probably in there.

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
seadragon said:
G Man,

I also thought my tool case was missing, but it was buried in the left compartment. I had to fish around with my hand in there to find it. Have a real good look (and feel), its probably in there.
Thanks seadragon I found it :lol: . Now I have to call the dealer and sound like a dumbass. :oops:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts