Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know what the wheel offset is for OEM 17" wheels that come on the 2015 XLE? Before I get something from Tire Rack, it would probably be best to make sure the tires don't rub.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Approximately how many times can/should I remount tires on my XLE's OE wheels before the wheels need to be replaced?

Does the tire remounting process bother/damage the TPMS sensors?

Want to get winter tires but don't want to get new/different wheels to mount them on if I don't have to.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Mikey; get a spare set of rims. The cost of parts/labor to mount tires twice a year adds up quickly. Unless you only plan on keeping the Rav a couple of years.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There are some older Lexus models that have 7Jx16 ET37-40 wheels, (2006 LS, ES, and GS). They should be a lot stronger than after-market wheels and about the same price if they are reconditioned/repainted. I'm looking into going that route. A 225/70R16 is almost the exact same size as the original 235/55R18, and gives a 1.1" additional sidewall. That might go a long way to smooth out the ride of the Limited. Handling would suffer, but that's not a worry 'cause my hot rod days are long past.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Just as a FYI......my 2015 XLE alloys are 17X7 with the 39mm offset. Last night I test fitted my alloys from my 2005 Chili Ed. (Sport in USA) which are 16X7 with a 45mm offset, on the LF. There seemed to be good clearance between the calipher and the alloy, and the tire and the strut. Picked up 4 General Altimax Arctics 225(70)X16 because they were highly thought of by some on here:wink and because they were on sale at CTC. Went with 225 instead of the normal 215, so the size would be closer to my 2015's 225(65)X17.
The 16 alloys were summer wheels on my '05 and '12 RAVs and have never seen salt.....till now:crying.....
I was a little concerned as the website above shows 40mm as the max offset for the 16X7s I have.... Am I right in thinking the 45mm c/l fits farther inboard??

·
Registered
24 Posts
Just as a FYI......my 2015 XLE alloys are 17X7 with the 39mm offset. Last night I test fitted my alloys from my 2005 Chili Ed. (Sport in USA) which are 16X7 with a 45mm offset, on the LF. There seemed to be good clearance between the calipher and the alloy, and the tire and the strut. Picked up 4 General Altimax Arctics 225(70)X16 because they were highly thought of by some on here:wink and because they were on sale at CTC. Went with 225 instead of the normal 215, so the size would be closer to my 2015's 225(65)X17.
The 16 alloys were summer wheels on my '05 and '12 RAVs and have never seen salt.....till now:crying.....
I was a little concerned as the website above shows 40mm as the max offset for the 16X7s I have.... Am I right in thinking the 45mm c/l fits farther inboard??
That website should be used more as a general rule, rather than specific, as I don't believe it has exact measurements of things like tie rod ends, calipers, struts, etc, for each vehicle. You are correct, +45mm will push the hub further to the outside of the wheel (further from center 0mm), and will bring the rim closer to the suspension, brakes, etc.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts