Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any one put 25mm (or any size ) wheel spacers on their Rav. Mines a 2001, and thinking of putting 25mm spacers on.
Any thoughts?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Debris thrown on body?

Do the spacers cause alot of road debris to splatter on the side of the vehicle? My Samurai tires stick out alittle to far and whenever it rains or snow they throw so much stuff all over the vehicle it looks like I have been out mud bogging.

Thanks

Scott

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
?

Don't know, I need a place to purchase them first.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
If you are going to buy wheel spacers, definitely go with the H&R. :D I bought a set of the ebay ones, and the studs that they use are very cheap. The tire shop stripped one of the threads when putting back one of my wheels. Later, when removing the wheel I broke off the wheel stud. :cry:

So far I have had the H&R spacers (30mm rear, 25mm front) on my RAV for awhile now without any problems. They do push the wheels out a bit for a more aggressive stance which I prefer; and do not cause excessive kickback of road debris. That all depends on how far out the wheels get pushed out pass the fender wells. With my setup on a 4.1 RAV, it is just right. :D

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
amulroy said:
Has any one put 25mm (or any size ) wheel spacers on their RAV. Mines a 2001, and thinking of putting 25mm spacers on.
Any thoughts?
About the same time Derek has his spacers. i got mine from EBay. Mines are not as good as Derek's. But to my surprise, the studs are still in very good shape. I can't complain. Wider is better. If they do someday get striped. I'll just go to ARP and install a quality stud. :thumbs_up:

BTW, if this happens. Which stud does the RAV4.1 uses :?:

·
Registered
682 Posts
The wheels on my RAV stick out further than the oem wheels as well but that's due to running +36 offset Ford rims. The OEM Toyota rims have a +45 offset.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hub sizes

Anyone buying wheel spacers from eBay, 67.1mm hub for USA and 60.1mm hub for JDM and other international, be warned.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Re ebay spacers

Is the hub on the spacers long enough to centre the wheels, considering the lead chamfer at the back of the wheels, and if not how is the best way to centre the wheels on spacers?

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
Re: Re ebay spacers

amulroy said:
Is the hub on the spacers long enough to centre the wheels, considering the lead chamfer at the back of the wheels, and if not how is the best way to centre the wheels on spacers?
That is why Dereks' spacers are more expensive. But Dereks hubs have about a quarter of an inch that you can center them easily. Those are the H&R Hubs.

http://www.hrsprings.com/site/products/trak.html

Here is a Google Froogle search with best prices. Hope this helps

http://www.google.com/froogle_cluster?q=H&R+Spacers+RAV4&pid=1933066167816226265&oid=9013037759076993013&btnG=Search+Froogle&scoring=mrd
:wink:

Here is my RAV4 with 235/60/16 tires. As they say, Wider is better.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v154/almc2242/Vertical_Spacer.bmp

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
As Mensagero suggested above, just get the H&R's and there will be no worries. The hub length is just as long as the factory length, and the wheels fit up nice and snug. :thumbs_up:

That's the reason for the greater expense of the H&R's as compared to a universal fit spacers. I've wasted money on some universal 30mm spacers and experienced high speed vibrations because the spacers were not completely centered onto the factory hub. :cry: Please learn from my mistakes and save some $$$$. :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts