Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, first time posting here!
*Does anyone knows the exact specs for the wheels on this model? Like width/ offset. Picture attached

I would like to know specifically the width of the wheel. Is it 7 or 7.5?

Wanted to know also if the Falken WILDPEAK A/T TRAIL All- Terrain Radial Tire-235/65R17XL 108H would fit this wheel
The stock size for this wheel is 225/65R17

Thank you!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hey guys, first time posting here!
*Does anyone knows the exact specs for the wheels on this model? Like width/ offset. Picture attached

I would like to know specifically the width of the wheel. Is it 7 or 7.5?

Wanted to know also if the Falken WILDPEAK A/T TRAIL All- Terrain Radial Tire-235/65R17XL 108H would fit this wheel
The stock size for this wheel is 225/65R17

Thank you! View attachment 163543
225 mm = 8.85 inch
235 mm = 9.25 inch

·
Registered
45 Posts
The previous values I've given is based on the user guide of the car. Its called sectional width. To understand further, refer to this article on how to decode the tire specs.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for answering guys!

One more question.. will a 235 and 245 tire fit this wheel?

·
Registered
2021 RAV4 Hybrid LE
14 Posts
The answer is, "That depends."

You want to check out: Tire Size Calculator
Plug in 225/65R17 and click on Calculate.
You'll see to the right other size options.
For example 235/60R17 is a similar size and fits on a 6.5"-8.5" wheel.
Note that that's different from the 235/65R17 you asked about.
You can use Tire Comparison to see what effect a different size has on speedometer error etc.

Where do you plan to buy your new tires?
Honestly I would rely on a competent tire shop more than anything I read on the Internet.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

You can use Tire Comparison to see what effect a different size has on speedometer error etc.

Honestly I would rely on a competent tire shop more than anything I read on the Internet.
Thanks!
I completely agree, it's just that I am in PR and All-Terrain Tire options are basically non-existent for these types of wheels that aren't too wide.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

So online is my only option, then shipping to PR is a whole other story😅.
Thinking on going with these:

·
Registered
2020 RAV4 hybrid XLE, Magnetic Grey metallic, cold weather package.
475 Posts
May I jump on this thread too?
I just got a 2020 RAV4h. Well 6 month 1000miles on it.
I am not updating tires just yet but want to know what the best replacement tires I can fit on stock rims?
Oem came with Firestone Destination LE2 ,225/65/R17 when time comes I want to go with a good A/T all weather tires.
I drive mostly local and highways but like the rugged looks of ATs. Snow performance is important as I am in NNJ.

My plan is to switch to ATs when I start driving more. I also want to go a little wider then stock. But I want option that is look more agressive yet still good on highway driving.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2021 RAV4 Hybrid XLE
112 Posts
I went with 235/65-17 Toyo Open Country AT3. I figured it would be a good compromise between more aggressive grip/stance, and maintaining as much mpg and power/torque as possible. Any diameter larger than original will start affecting the amount of power and torque that your car can put down to the road, not to mention a speed and mileage discrepancy too. I saw a video where a Subaru Crosstrek lost 14.4hp and 23ft-lb moving from stock tires (225/60-17) to 1.3" larger diameter tires (LT235/75-15):

I'm not sure the Crosstrek really needed LT tires 😅

·
Registered
2019 Rav4 Hybrid LE
53 Posts
May I jump on this thread too?
I just got a 2020 RAV4h. Well 6 month 1000miles on it.
I am not updating tires just yet but want to know what the best replacement tires I can fit on stock rims?
Oem came with Firestone Destination LE2 ,225/65/R17 when time comes I want to go with a good A/T all weather tires.
I drive mostly local and highways but like the rugged looks of ATs. Snow performance is important as I am in NNJ.

My plan is to switch to ATs when I start driving more. I also want to go a little wider then stock. But I want option that is look more agressive yet still good on highway driving.

Thanks.
Keep your stock tires for the summer and buy these from me for the winter. Came off of my 2014 Rav4. 9,000 miles on the tires. Not a scratch on the wheels. Perfect condition. Tires work phenomenal in the snow. Live in Sparta NJ. $850. The basically the cost of the tires. 17 x 8 wheels +35 offset ( same offset as stock wheels ).

Attachments

·
Registered
2020 RAV4 hybrid XLE, Magnetic Grey metallic, cold weather package.
475 Posts
Look nice, but I really don't need the weeks and I am just researching now, purchase plans are about 2 year's from now

1 - 14 of 14 Posts