Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I just purchased a new 2016 Rav4 XLE, it has the stock 17" alloy wheels on it, but since I live in the great white north (well the BC interior), and if I want to go on the mountain highways during the winter, I'll need a decent set of winter tires. I've been looking online and getting a little confused on the wheel size and tire size.

I'm thinking of maybe going for 16" steel wheels, but trying to figure out what size of tires would be needed for it, if 16" even fits on the 2016 XLE. Any insight would be appreciated.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Check the other threads on the topic, but I used 16"X7" alloys with a 45 offset from my '05 RAV, and they cleared struts and calipers with ease. Went with General Altramax snows from CTC, as they where highly thought of by some on here.....and they pulled the 2wd thru a foot of snow a week ago. The 225/70X16's had almost the exact circumference as the original Conti summers that came on my '15 XLE (225/65X17).....no speedo error...
Costco seems to be a good steel wheel source....if you've got one in the interior... Do you need chains on the hwys in snow conditions??
You in PG??.....one of my sons was in PR for a few yrs.

BTW a 40 offset would move the wheel and tire a little farther from the strut.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah got one in Kelowna, I'm in the South Okanagan. You don't need chains for the coquihalla, cept if you're a truck I believe, still a good idea to have a set though. Thanks for the info.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts