Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the wheels. the guy sell the wheels(rims and tires) in $300 USD, it's from a mustang. They are 16 x 7.5 (very wide) . the oem wheels are 16 x 6.5. I test them and it fit normally. tyres have 80% left.
I'm buying those ford mustang wheels because I just have $$325 and I don't have work until next summer so I need to wait a time if I want better rims.

·
Registered
685 Posts
16X7.5.......and bolt pattern the same......be sure to use concentric rings if the hub size is bigger than the RAV

Get out the camera again and get a pic of them on the RAV!!!

K

·
0 Posts
The rims you have will be ok in the front and rear.

I'm using 16"X7.0" +35 in front and 116"X8.0" +32 at the rear.

With the 7.5" rims, you can still stick with the stock tyres 215/70/R16, but anything bigger, you will have to go with the 235/60/R16.

You will not hit your suspension or anything, even with lowered springs and shocks.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
checho said:
Bluenoser said:
16X7.5.......and bolt pattern the same......be sure to use concentric rings if the hub size is bigger than the RAV

which problem it can be make?
Checho, the problem you may encounter is high speed vibration. Take your RAV up to about 75+ MPH (in a safe manner :wink: ) and see if there is any vibration to the steering wheel. The hubcentric rings that Bluenoser is speaking of will ensure that your new mustang wheels will fit snugly to your RAVs hubs, thus eliminating any unwanted imbalance to your wheels fitting on your RAV. Just to let you know, the Skyline wheels that I have also have hubcentric rings; and I have not encountered any problems with them at all. :D

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
derek: when I bought the wheels it don't had any plumb square and today I balance the front wheels for $8 and I run to 85 near 90 and the rav was all normal.the only notable diferent is the great start(from 0 to 30)it have more grip and the wheels are light weight, and in curves it feel near like a car.

pancake: the grill it's a custom made
I was fading all the circles or web of the grill to do the grill that I have.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bluenoser said:

here is some pics:it look that is not lowered becuase the angle of the ground (a bit inclined)

·
Registered
423 Posts
At last at last I have found out how to adapt the stock Grille to a mesh one Thank you for posting those pictures of yours. My next project!!!! Is it hard to take the plastic inserts out from the Grille surround?
Clare

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
clare said:
At last at last I have found out how to adapt the stock Grille to a mesh one Thank you for posting those pictures of yours. My next project!!!! Is it hard to take the plastic inserts out from the Grille surround?
Clare
we are here to help :wink:
it look great but you need to pass it a sand paper and paint it ( I don't paint it and the grill look a bit ugly)

·
Registered
682 Posts
I made this grille for my RAV about 3 years ago. It replaced the original grille completely as i prefer the inset look of the new grille. Turned a TRD emblem into a removable grille ornament as well. BTW Checo, nice rims...what size tyres u running?

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Mohit said:
I made this grille for my RAV about 3 years ago. It replaced the original grille completely as i prefer the inset look of the new grille. Turned a TRD emblem into a removable grille ornament as well. BTW Checo, nice rims...what size tyres u running?

the tyres size is VENTUS HR II 245/50/16

E

·
0 Posts
mustang wheels

Chehco,

Just wondering after using the wheels for a while now if you have encountered any problems or still running fine.

Thanks.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Re: mustang wheels

eahrayo said:
Chehco,

Just wondering after using the wheels for a while now if you have encountered any problems or still running fine.

Thanks.
no problems with the wheels. Better handling and a bit of brake response or something like this when stoping the car.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Not bad. I'm running the same brand tires as you checho, but my wheels are 17" x 8", with a 38mm offset. Tire size is 235/55/17 and no rubbing at all.

Handling has definitely improved on our RAV4 with current wheel and tire setup.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Checko, I forgot to ask if you had to get a 4-wheel alignment since the offset of the wheels you have now are 35mm???

1 - 17 of 17 Posts