Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been looking at getting a set of wheels for my rav4 and I am completely indecisive. Of course, aftermarket wheels on an suv is rare, I unfortunately cannot afford a second car, so I might as well have a little fun with the one that I have!

So my rav is a 2013 and is in the shade pyrite (picture below)

http://images.dealerrevs.com/pictures/76654275.jpg

And I am indecisive between the style of these two wheels

Work VS XX wheels in silver

Work Wheels :: Products :: VS-XX

OR

BBS RS wheels in silver

BBS Wheel: Super RS - Forged Line

these may not be the brands I am looking to go with (I have been looking at xxr - yes i know reps aren't the best... I'm just not looking to spend a whackton because these wheels are temporary and replacements are out of my budget)

So feel free to let me know which style would look better on my rav 4 , i REALLY need help!!!

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,893 Posts
If your RAV4 is like the one in the picture, you already have some nice alloy wheels--why change them? If not, then what model do you have? Please update your profile page.

Also, upload a photo of your RAV from the side and someone here can Photoshop various wheels onto it.

·
Registered
731 Posts
I have replaced a lot of tires in my time, and aftermarket chrome wheels tend to develop flaking issues after a few years. Corrosion will build up on the bead, and get under the chrome. Then the bead will leak, resulting in a flat tire. Using a wire wheel cleans up the corrosion, but then there are pits in the wheel where the corrosion was. I have seen whole sheets of chrome flake off inside a wheel and fly around, cutting the inside of the tire.

Chrome wheels may look nice on the outside, but inside could be a mess.

I have also noticed this happening on OEM Chrysler wheels lately.

Reactions: JuneBug
1 - 4 of 4 Posts