Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...you get this blatant knockoff by Korean manufacturer SsangYong

AutoBlog: SsangYong Rexton II revealed ahead of schedule

Though not scheduled to be officially unveiled before the end of the month, a pair of pics has already been released of the redesigned Rexton II from the Chinese-owned Korean automaker SsangYong (click here to see its UK site). The Rexton doesn’t appear all that large from the outside, but this ute can swallow seven people just like the new Toyota RAV4 with which it appears to share a D-pillar. The Rexton II also sports a very Mercedes-like grille, an appropriate homage to the company that helped developed the SUV’s new 2.0L common-rail diesel engine.

[Source: Inside Line]

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
Flip up rear windows are not always a good thing. I had one on my old car and after a while it didnt seal tight and it developed rattles.

So I guess in 10 or 15 years or so, we will all be driving Chinese cars huh? :D

·
Super Moderator
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I know... But there's more than a handful of people around here that wish the door lifted upwards and the window opened as well. :roll:

Plus, those struts look kinda ghetto when they intrude into the cabin like that... I've experienced it in the Matrix and it just doesn't look right... :?

N

·
0 Posts
This Rexton II looks like it has a shorter wheelbase than the 06 RAV4. How are you going to fit 7 people in there?

J

·
0 Posts
I saw somewhere that China has one that looks extremely close to the CR-V.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts