Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i think i am the first one to order v6 in canada, at least montreal, since i have been waiting for almost 2 month, could anyone has any idea when the v6 arrive to canada, thanks a lot lot! :(

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
sorry, i check my contrat, i placed the order at 18th Dec.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I ordered my V6, Limited, option package B, Pacific Blue, on Jan 4/06. I received a call from my dealer 2 days later and was told that there were 2 of these slated for production in January for delivery to Canada and that one of them was now reserved for me. The dealer said that he will call me with the actual serial number when it comes off the assembly line. The promised delivery date is for the end of February, but judging by the late release of the 4 cylinder version, I am not really expecting to get it until the beginning of March.

·
Super Moderator
1,559 Posts
Cool RAV4 water bottle Harold! 8)

I'm not expecting the V6 to show up around here until end of February, as well, possibly even early March.

I put in a request for a quote on Edmunds to four dealers and every single one came back to me with four-cylinder prices, despite the fact that I had specified the V6 and noted with no uncertain terms that I did not want a 4. Glad they all paid attention... :roll:

The one dealer I spoke with directly even had to call me back to even get the MSRP on the 6 (which I could have pulled up in seconds on any number of websites).

·
Registered
11 Posts
I live in Toronto, Canada and I placed an order for Base V6 on December 26 but I just got call from the dealership saying that the V6 models will be delayed to April so that means it's March when they start production. However, if you get the Sport V6, you can get it in late March. should I believe this guy and go ahead with the upgrade? i'm kinda skeptical though.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Sounds like you just need to add a little bit to your wait time, and you can still get the base model you originally ordered. Unless you're having second thoughts and want the Sport model after all, I'd stay the course. Plus, remember that the dealer probably has a relatively vague idea at this point as to when vehicles will actually arrive.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
dealers can see upcoming vehicles. Now, regardless of that, he might still be trying to push you into buying something more expensive, but the thing is that they really dont make that much more money, and Toyota does usually build more expensive models in first month production...

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dealers can see whats rolling off the line, when I bought by new Corolla in 98, they told me when it was due to come off the line and the wait time for delivery and it was bang on. If the Rav is in short supply though they may not be able to guarantee that they can get whats coming. I don't know if there is some sort of hiarchy based on dealer size or volume.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
They can see what's coming, but they generally don't have an exact idea of when a particular vehicle will hit the lot, especially this far in advance. The 4-cylinder RAVs arrived a little later than anticipated here in the east. Again, unless you'd rather have the Sport, or it's going to kill you to have to wait a little longer, why not just stay with your original order?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
bmorton said:
They can see what's coming, but they generally don't have an exact idea of when a particular vehicle will hit the lot, especially this far in advance. The 4-cylinder RAVs arrived a little later than anticipated here in the east. Again, unless you'd rather have the Sport, or it's going to kill you to have to wait a little longer, why not just stay with your original order?

dealers can see upcoming vehicles for next 3 months usually, since that production schedule is available (4th month is direct order from the factory). They can get the allocation with specific model, engine, transmission, equipment, color codes and month of arrival.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Even with all that info on hand, production, transportation and release schedules are subject to change. Sounds like that already happened to MasterXan with his base V6 being delayed. If you want to be one of the first to buy a brand-new model you have to accept some uncertainty in the delivery date, especially being 2-3 months away at this point.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks guys. mine is v6 limited. i made a call last weekend and they told me probable i will receive it on Feb.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
just got news from dealer. my v6 limited will be on the ship today or tomorrow, from japan to vancouver takes about 3 weeks.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Feb 17th Arrival in Toronto Area

In last steps of negotiating deals and multiple dealers are giving me Fri Feb 17th as arrival date in Toronto area. This makes sense if they are being loaded on ships today. Being a Friday and PDI I'd expect delivery to be available realistically for Feb 20/21. Just thought I'd give update.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
MasterXan said:
I live in Toronto, Canada and I placed an order for Base V6 on December 26 but I just got call from the dealership saying that the V6 models will be delayed to April so that means it's March when they start production. However, if you get the Sport V6, you can get it in late March. should I believe this guy and go ahead with the upgrade? i'm kinda skeptical though.
I am also in Toronto & this sounds similar to my situation
I bought a base v6 on Jan 18/06. I put a date of Mid April in the contract to receive the Rav.

I called the dealer the next day & he indicated that Toyota in Japan was going to start production on the V6 Limited & Sport models followed by the Base models. He said the base would probably not be here until Mid May or later.

I also felt skeptical, however decided to go with the sport. He indicated he could also order a base which would come later if I wasn't happy with the ride of the sport.

Would there be any chance that I would receive my Sport Rav prior to mid April?

thanks

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i got a call from my dealer. he told me i can receive my v6 limited on 21th Feb. :D

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Congrats June!

Maybe we will receive our vehicles around the same time.

Keep us posted.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
backtolife said:
Congrats June!

Maybe we will receive our vehicles around the same time.

Keep us posted.
My parents are advising me to not get a new v6. But I want the V6 Limited with B Package really badly. They think I should keep my current rav4 for another 1 or 2 years. While I personally can decide if I want to buy or not (I am twenty years old), they will give me a hard time if I do lol.... so... I don't know what I'm going to do :(

1 - 20 of 32 Posts