Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anyway in finding out easily when my 2006 Rav4 was built - i.e. month/day/year?????

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It's always inside the driver's side door. Open it up and look.

As they old saying goes - if it was a snake it would have bit you! 100 times by now :lol:

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks "RAVHER" for your response but I only see the vehicle ID number on my 2006 RAV driver's side door.
From that maybe one can get the build info but I don't know the secret code.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, you got me there. I don't speak digit & bar code :roll:

Maybe someone with a 4.3 can help if it's in a new location.
The Mazda's and Toyota's I've owned had the decal right below the door latch post on the vehicle body.

I recently found my coworkers Highlander Hybrid manufactured date that way. Hmmm

·
Registered
346 Posts
Decoding a Toyota VIN

bikejack said:
Thanks "RAVHER" for your response but I only see the vehicle ID number on my 2006 RAV driver's side door.
From that maybe one can get the build info but I don't know the secret code.
Funny you should mention decoding a Toyota's VIN. I was just looking that up a few days ago myself and I found this Wikipedia entry on how to decipher this information for Toyota VINs. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear that the manufacture date is included in the VIN (but the wikipedia entry may just not have included that information).

HTH,
-Brian

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
The build month and year (not day) is usually printed on a sticker on the driver's door frame, in MM/YY or M/YY format, so you'd be looking for something like: 1/06.

·
Premium Member
7,389 Posts
The build plate is located on the driver's door jam, bottom rear, date code for mine is 03/06, date is in the upper right corner of the plate.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I found it. I would like to thank everyone for their responses. Built 02/06.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Brian said:
Funny you should mention decoding a Toyota's VIN. I was just looking that up a few days ago myself and I found this Wikipedia entry on how to decipher this information for Toyota VINs. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear that the manufacture date is included in the VIN (but the wikipedia entry may just not have included that information).
Thanks for the VIN number decoding website. Interestingly plugging in my Vin code, the body type I got was a 4dr sedan 2wd. My limited is definitely 4 wd.

R

·
0 Posts
For those who are still having trouble locating the "birth month/year" of their lovely RAV's, I found this picture on the internet of the label that everyone is talking about. Note the date is on the upper right. In this example, it's 12/05. I hope I get mine soon! It's been 4 weeks since I ordered it and I have another 4 weeks to go! In the mean time, I'm just drooling over everyone's RAV's! :p

1 - 15 of 15 Posts