Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to two dealers in the Seattle, Washington area before ordering my 06 RAV4 Limited.

One dealer only have basic models and they were made in Canada

The second dealer had 1 Limited and it was sold but the window sticker said it was made in Japan

The other comment from the dealer I ordered from was that the 74 dealers in the Portland, Oregon District got together and defined a set of options for this geographic district for Basic, Sport, Limited. If you ordered based on these pre defined options you would see your new RAV4 sooner as Toyota was building to these packages ahead of orders.

Comments??

·
Premium Member
7,980 Posts
Bought my base in Portland, it was built in Japan.

·
Premium Member
3,348 Posts
summerwind said:
One dealer only have basic models and they were made in Canada
All RAVs are currently made in Japan.

summerwind said:
The other comment from the dealer I ordered from was that the 74 dealers in the Portland, Oregon District got together and defined a set of options for this geographic district for Basic, Sport, Limited.
True. I'm sure ALL regions across the US follow this same practice. It has it's GOOD and BAD points. GOOD being as you said... faster delivery. BAD being... depending what region you are taking delivery from... you are limited in what options you can get :(

O

·
0 Posts
YOu can take a look inside the door jam driver side and there is a sticker that tells you where it was made. Mine also says made in Japan. The windows are also made there as they say Nippon saftey.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
As previously posted, they're ALL made in Japan. You don't even need to open the door, just check the VIN plate on the dash. VIN starts with J = Japan.

I live near the site of the future Canadian plant and it isn't even a hole in the ground yet. Canadian VINs, when they start building them there in 2008, will start with a 2.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
RAYDAHS said:
Are you sure you saw made in Canada?
This link shows production starting in 2008????
I will take a picture of the window sticker and post it next time I pass this dealership.

I might have had a "senior moment" so will double check what I saw

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well I went back to the dealer that I though had a window sticker that said "made in Canada"

There was not a RAV4 to be had on the lot!!. Lots of Highlanders, Matrix, and normal cars but no RAV's

Looks like you are still in a order it and wait game in my area

C

·
0 Posts
AS OF NOW, all RAV'S are made in Japan. As SIMPLE AS LOOKING AT YOUR VIN number will tell you if it is made in Japan. All TOYOTA vehicles, if they are 100% Japanese made the VIN number will start in letter "J"

R

·
0 Posts
ChEcKmAtE said:
AS OF NOW, all RAV'S are made in Japan. As SIMPLE AS LOOKING AT YOUR VIN number will tell you if it is made in Japan. All TOYOTA vehicles, if they are 100% Japanese made the VIN number will start in letter "J"
That is 100% correct it is on your VIN # plate, "J" MADE IN JAPAN.
As well as mine's is made in Japan.

Y

·
0 Posts
summerwind said:
I went to two dealers in the Seattle, Washington area before ordering my 06 RAV4 Limited.

*snip*

The other comment from the dealer I ordered from was that the 74 dealers in the Portland, Oregon District got together and defined a set of options for this geographic district for Basic, Sport, Limited. If you ordered based on these pre defined options you would see your new RAV4 sooner as Toyota was building to these packages ahead of orders.

Comments??
Did they give any indication of what those "standard" specs were?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Did they give any indication of what those "standard" specs were?

Thanks
Yes I bought my RAV4 Limited I4 from Michael's in Bellevue

Silver is one of the colors built the most

The build ahead specs for a RAV4 model 4452 came with JBL Radio, Side and Curtain airbags, Moon Roof, Carpet Floor/cargo mat, you currently wait 4 to 6 weeks for delivery.

The security system and mud flaps are an option that can be ordered that gets installed at Port of Portland, OR

Was pleased with how I was treated at Michael's. They showed what the invoice price is and that they ask for a 3% profit over invoice.

The other point of note..The sales tax on a car is now 9.1% thanks to our legislature passing and increased tax. This is still figured on the amount after you deduct any trade in amount. Trade-ins are based on Kelly Bluebook values minus costs to do safety inspection, used car prep for sale.

I am a terrible horse trader...might have been more room to drive the price down but with the demand so high it appears to be a dealers market.

Y

·
0 Posts
Thanks for the details (especially the pricing info)! Good to hear that they spec them with the airbags. I probably wouldn't buy one with out.

I think I noticed the silver color. Lake City Totyota had a bunch of silver in their online inventory. After white that's my second least favorite color choice.

Cheers!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts