Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car was supposed to be in the week of the 20th. As fate would have it, I had to go out of town for business on the 22nd. I thought for sure, when I got back the 1st thing I'd be doing is picking it up. When I spoke to the dealer this morning ... it didn't come in.

Has anybody seen a Ltd V6 with leather? Apparently, they're the last to arrive.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Hutch wrote:
Has anybody seen a Ltd V6 with leather? Apparently, they're the last to arrive.
Yeh, it's sitting in my garage!! :lol:
All kidding aside, V6's are hard to find, (especially in certain geographic regions) not so much the leather in the Ltd trim. Did you have them order it from the factory or did you have your dealer locate one and do a swap??

OC

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Order or DX

I gave Fitz mall in Gaithersburg my shopping list (which was a loaded limited without a DVD) and they came back to me with a dilivery date. I assume they ordered it.

BTW ... dude you need a hair cut an some valium. :)

·
Registered
652 Posts
OCInsomniac said:
All kidding aside, V6's are hard to find, (especially in certain geographic regions) not so much the leather in the Ltd trim.

OC
I believe it's just the opposite. In discussions with my dealer even after I picked up my vehicle it's the leather that is not coming over. I have querried plenty of V6s at local dealers (not as many as the 4) but none have the factory leather.

L

·
0 Posts
Plenty of V6 Limited 4x4's with factory leather here in the Bay Area. In fact, one is in my garage.... 8)

Lance

·
Registered
270 Posts
V6 Limited Leather

I have been waiting for my V6 Limited w/ Leather for over a month, with no delivery date on the horizon. While I am not concerned right now that I will get one, by the end of April I will begin to believe Toyota can not fill my order and I will be forced to move on to another carmaker.

H

·
0 Posts
After Market Leather

You can always go with after market leather. That's what I did for my Sport. All done through the dealer. Was added to my purchase price. Took it back to the dealer, who had arranged for the leather folks to come to the dealership. The dealership supervised the removal and reinstallation of the seats and panels, and approved the final job. (At least they told me they did).

It's a great way to go. The after market folks are loving those buying the FJ cruisers. Those don't come with factory leather, period.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Re: After Market Leather

HB Local said:
You can always go with after market leather. That's what I did for my Sport. All done through the dealer. Was added to my purchase price. Took it back to the dealer, who had arranged for the leather folks to come to the dealership. The dealership supervised the removal and reinstallation of the seats and panels, and approved the final job. (At least they told me they did).
My dealer had the leather and heated seats installed. It was after I negotiated the price and waited 2 weeks. He said there were no Barcelona Red V6s with leather trim on the horizon and that he would have it installed for me. I was hesitant at first and waited another week. Finally I decided to let them do it. It took them 1 day, I was amazed.

Picked it up on Friday and it looks perfect. The only difference is that the heated seat switch is not by the cup holders. It is on the side of the seat by the power controls. That fact doesn't bother me and I'm actually happy about it. I was worried about them ripping stuff apart to run the wiring and not getting it back right. In fact I was fortunate because the seats have a high and low setting as where the factory is just one setting (if I understand correctly).

If I get a chance tomorrow I'll post pics if anyone is interested.

S

·
0 Posts
I'm in the same boat here in the Philly area. I ordered mine (Silver V6 Ltd, Leather, Loaded) back on 2/8 and my dealer still has no idea when it's coming in. I'll be getting another update from them on Monday. He said I'm 2nd in a line of 10 for this configuration. I stopped by a couple of other dealers and they basically told me the same thing. He did offer the after market install of the heated leather seats but after giving a 5 minute pitch on them being the "same" seats, I learned about the switch being in a different position. I'm a little more anal about my vehicles than some so to me, they're not the "Same" seats. I'm sure the after markets are just fine, but I'm picky like that, so I'll wait. I am getting a little anxious, though. Thankfully, my current vehicle is in great shape. If anyone in the Philly area has gotten one (factory leather, not aftermarket) let me know how!

Siggy

·
Registered
652 Posts
siggycom said:
He did offer the after market install of the heated leather seats but after giving a 5 minute pitch on them being the "same" seats, I learned about the switch being in a different position. I'm a little more anal about my vehicles than some so to me, they're not the "Same" seats.

Siggy
They are the same seats, recovered.

H

·
0 Posts
Siggycom,

I ordered my Silver V6 Ltd, loaded down at Peruzzi's in mid January. In mid February I decided to be flexible with the color when I was told they were not seeing anything in the supply chain that matched. I got my Nautical Blue vehicle in early March. Sounds like they are not making many in that color.

P

·
0 Posts
hagman said:
Siggycom,

I ordered my Silver V6 Ltd, loaded down at Peruzzi's in mid January. In mid February I decided to be flexible with the color when I was told they were not seeing anything in the supply chain that matched. I got my Nautical Blue vehicle in early March. Sounds like they are not making many in that color.
Not making many in Nautical Blue, or not making many in Silver?

·
Registered
652 Posts
All colors. :!:

Leather is limited right now period. And being that silver is a popular color, you can expect to wait longer.

P

·
0 Posts
I'm waiting on the Limited without leather that I ordered. I'm having the dealer install leather on all 3 rows of seating.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Not the only fish in the sea

I can't understand Toyota's thinking on this issue. They advertise a product and then can't deliver. If the delay continues much longer, I might just as well wait for the 07's. First you couldn't find a V6, now it's leather that can't be found. I simply wanted heated seats .. didn't really care about leather.

There are a lot of things that are difficult in life. Buying a car shouldn't be one of them.

S

·
0 Posts
Re: Not the only fish in the sea

thecat said:
I can't understand Toyota's thinking on this issue. They advertise a product and then can't deliver. If the delay continues much longer, I might just as well wait for the 07's. First you couldn't find a V6, now it's leather that can't be found. I simply wanted heated seats .. didn't really care about leather.

There are a lot of things that are difficult in life. Buying a car shouldn't be one of them.

When will they stop production on the 2006's? It might well be worth waiting for the 2007's at this point. Any chance the 2007's might get NAV?

·
Registered
270 Posts
production

The last date to order a 2006 is May 10 and they go out of production in July.

I agree, how can they advertise a product and then not have it. While I never was in a hurry to get a new car, by May I will start looking elsewhere because it will be 3 months by then.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Latest Poop from Fitz Mall

First let me say that Fitz has done everything they can to obtain delivery ... it's simply out of their hands. So this problem is no reflection on them.

Apparently, Toyota has decided to ship the new Jeep type vehicle (FJ) and the new Yaris to the exclusion of the RAV. So it will probably be another 2 weeks. If they don't get delivery by then, I'll wait for the 07'. This experience has turned what should be an exciting experience into a giant pain in the XXX.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts