Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found this tonight while browsing the web.

I've created our own RAV4World Member Map. I thought it might be INTERESTING to see how many RAVers we can get on the MAP 8)

Click the link below to add yourself :D To add yourself, all you have to enter your RAV4World USERNAME and ZIP CODE :p

http://www.frappr.com/rav4world

Click on each ORANGE MARKER to view the members name!

(If this becomes popular enough, I'll add it to our FRONT PAGE and/or LINKS section.)

·
Registered
214 Posts
Kelly Smith said:
Found this tonight while browsing the web.

I've created our own RAV4World Member Map. I thought it might be INTERESTING to see how many RAVers we can get on the MAP 8)
I'm there now. #2..!

Wayne

·
Registered
771 Posts
Pretty cool feature. May be a keeper. We need to find a way to get many of the people who don't regularly post to join us. Seems like lately the same people are always on here. Would be good to get some new input on some things.

Rock on! M. :eek:

P.S.--Just a thought but I was thinking that it would be good to make the "location" in the sign-up process a mandatory field. This way it would help us give better advise on things, for example ...tires....if someone is looking for good tire and they live in Florida people can suggest summer or if they live in Michigan then a suitable A/S or winter can be suggested. It would be bennificial in others ways too but the site would be better if we could see right-a-way which part of the world they live in.

Sorry about mine. I guess "Hell Frozen Over" doesn't help people either. I just changed it to depict the avatar. I'll fix it back.

·
Registered
685 Posts
17th......

But!...But!... every Bluenoser knows Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada is the centre of the map...... :wink:

·
Premium Member
3,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bluenoser said:
17th......

But!...But!... every Bluenoser knows Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada is the centre of the map...... :wink:
Ha... yeah... I was trying to find a city that would center the map properly on our screen. I'll have to play around with it a bit more :roll: :wink:

·
Registered
771 Posts
Good to see where everyone is. Do we have anyone in Japan or near that region?

I guess for some its like a free geography lesson here. In Canadian schools we are tested on specifics of other countries so geography was always a huge thing growing up. My nieces and nefews in Tennesee don't know where to start looking for NewBrunswick in Eastern Canada. Then again their parents don't either really.

Oh Well. Its still in the same place as it was 200 years ago so its not like they move it around or anything.

Pop Quiz: Where is Newfoundland? (Hint: It was discovered long before the USA. Its the place that proved the world wasn't flat afterall)
People who know, lets give others a chance to find it. using Frapper is cheating by the way.

Later. M.

·
Premium Member
3,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Last check we have 32 members signed up on frappr --->
http://www.frappr.com/rav4world

Come on RAVers... I'd think we should have at least 100 by now :roll:

The map now has a new feature. You can designate by flag color if you are a 4.1, 4.2 or 4.3 owner 8) If you have already joined... updating your info will change your flag color.

We also now have this box on the front page of our site -->
<-- http://rav4world.com

·
Registered
344 Posts
How do you update your info on the map?
I must have missed something. :roll:

...Nevermind. Apparently you have to join Frapper to be able to edit your tag or other info. Of course, then there's the Catch 22 of having yourself posted on the map twice (the first time and then again after you joined).

1 - 20 of 45 Posts