Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was stopped for a fire engine, with light flashing and siren wailing, and a car just drove into me! My 05 was all of 6 weeks old.
Thanks to fine Toyota engineering I have no damage other that the the little bumper on the back passenger side being crushed. The other car is really messed up. I could just leave it, but like I said, it is 6 weeks old...

Is there anyplace I can buy this part? What is it called. The dealer wants $400 for the repair, and lists the part at $150. Maybe someplace on the internet sells it cheaper? It looks pretty easy to install. His quote includes painting some scuff marks, but I can live without that.

The funny thing is that I wound up with a cutout from his bumper in my tail pipe. The collision guy is sure there is no damage from that.

Thanks

·
Registered
132 Posts
toller said:
...the little bumper on the back passenger side being crushed...

Is there anyplace I can buy this part? What is it called. The dealer wants $400 for the repair, and lists the part at $150. Maybe someplace on the internet sells it cheaper? It looks pretty easy to install. His quote includes painting some scuff marks, but I can live without that.....

Thanks
Try this http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BUMPER-COVER-toyota-RAV4-04-rear-suv-black-opening-RH_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33640QQitemZ8039609354QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
You can also try a large Junk yard. They often have vehicles practicaly new that are writeoffs and the part you need is good as new and much cheaper.

Walt

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No longer an issue

First shop I took it to wanted to replace the bumper and touch up a scratch. I figured I could do that myself.

Fortunately the insurance adjuster found much more substantial damage. So, the bumper is academic. But thanks.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Hope this helps: http://www.usedpartslive.com/catalog/Bumper_(Front)/2002~TOYOTA~RAV4.html Don't get too excited about the price b/c shipping is additional and it's quite a bit. The part may not come painted. You'll have to check. If you spend at least your deductable, you may just contact your insurance co

·
Registered
60 Posts
This was the concern I had so I installed a aftermarket rear bumper guard. That way the back door would be protected.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts