Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
where did they make the disels. In us, they didn't make them in canada. how reliable are they

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
as far as i know all Rav's are made in Japan then shipped over, and the other models of Toyota are made all over the globe.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Majik, youare probably correct that Toyota manufacture their diesel engines in Japan. Interesting fact I have been following a Thread on the D4D engine that they import into the UK, on TOC Forums and they are absolutely pulling them to bits at the moment. It seems that they are having all manner of problems with them (especially the flywheel issue- recent thread in Rav4 World forums).
I can,t believe that they would have such problems being the perfectionists they are at Toyota.
If Spwolfx reads this thread he could probably enlighten us further as I know he does contribute to these forums (TOC)
Clare

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hi clare, where is this TOC forum? I will have to check it out, our Rav's are about the only Toyota that they make exclusively in Japan.....

magik

·
Registered
31 Posts
my diesel works just fine.. I know that on some of the early d4d's they had to change the flywheel. but it's fixed on later models.

I have only a few down's on the diesel:
- it's noisy.. my vw TDI was not that noisy, but the D4D have a better perfomance with more punch on a broad rpm range
- it does not start on the first try when it have been parked the night over when it's 15-25 deg. C below(at our cabin in the mountain we do not have a engine heater)

everything else is just fine... uses 7,5l/10km (or 39mpg) with our driving...

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
always wondered why Mr Toyota never made a Rav diesel Auto.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I think toyota have difficulties to make an automatic gearbox that can handle the torque from the diesel....

but it's a matter of $$$... on the Landcruiser the diesels have automatic....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts