Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

where is my RAV4

3K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  bmorton 
#1 ·
after searching for about a month now, i still can't find the RAV4 that i wanted... i want a V6 4WD Limited with Third Row Seat.... and all my dealers (3 dealers in Bay Area) can find is either V6 4WD sport, V6 Limited 4WD but WITHOUT third row, or V6 4x2 with third row... why can't toyota make one with everything in it.....?

it feels REALLY BAD when you have all the money ready but can't find any cars you want to buy.... :( ... and without knowing when i can get the car, i have no idea when i can place order for those Modellistar lip kit and the JAOS Grille.... :(

G
#4 ·
Have you considered ordering one from the factory through a dealership? I know it takes a while (6-8 weeks) but at least you'd know it's on its way and it's to your specification. Or, how about checking with dealerships in nearby states like Nevada or Oregon? If it's not on the lot, they may have one on the way. I'm in the Las Vegas area and the dealer I bought from is offering $600 over invoice. They would probably have to order it for you but for some, the savings is worth the wait and the trip, especially if you're going to add a lot of options. I ordered a V6 Limited 4WD and saved $2510 with all the options. If you're interested, PM me and I'll give you the dealer info.

#5 ·
travelman64 said:
Southeast Toyota site has two vehicle s V6 Limited with third row seat aval

check www.buyatoyota.com/ enter zip code 33403 for dealer than hit on RAV4 and its shows whats aval in this area.

Pay for a cheap flight and have a nice rode home :D
wow... they do have spec i want.. but... DAMN.... it's 3000 miles away... it's gonna be a long drive ome..

#6 ·
ravgal2006 said:
Have you considered ordering one from the factory through a dealership? I know it takes a while (6-8 weeks) but at least you'd know it's on its way and it's to your specification. Or, how about checking with dealerships in nearby states like Nevada or Oregon? If it's not on the lot, they may have one on the way. I'm in the Las Vegas area and the dealer I bought from is offering $600 over invoice. They would probably have to order it for you but for some, the savings is worth the wait and the trip, especially if you're going to add a lot of options. I ordered a V6 Limited 4WD and saved $2510 with all the options. If you're interested, PM me and I'll give you the dealer info.
thanx for the info, i'm currenly on my dealer's list.. but they don't have any idea when i can get the car.. and i really need it by the end of next month.. because my wife's parents are coming from over sea, we need the car to take them out... :(

#8 ·
I just spoke to someone today who had wanted a RAV4 V6 w/ 3rd row and had ordered it (not sure if it was Limited or not), but she kept getting informed that it kept getting pushed back (was last informed of April). She finally went and bought a Chevy Equinox, and is now having some sort of trouble with it, and she's only had it for 2 months. Not sure why she didn't just go for a 2-row model, as the Equinox only has 2 rows, and that back seat is so stiff it's reminiscent of a board.

#9 ·
where oh where has my little RAV gone ?

Dealer can't find my loaded Limited. I ordered it Feb. 23rd. 2006 RAV4s go out of production the beginning of May. I told him he has until the end of April and then no deal; and then it is on to an Xterra or Pathfinder. It must be nice to turn away a $30,000 sale.

G
#10 ·
SAme problem

I was looking for a 4cyl limited with 3rd row. I couldn't find one either. Called about 5 dealers before one was willing to take that extra step. They were able to find one available that is exactly what I wanted.

06 Limited, Black with 3rd row seating.

Now, I wait!!

G
#11 ·
Re: where oh where has my little RAV gone ?

sooperedd said:
Dealer can't find my loaded Limited. I ordered it Feb. 23rd. 2006 RAV4s go out of production the beginning of May. I told him he has until the end of April and then no deal; and then it is on to an Xterra or Pathfinder. It must be nice to turn away a $30,000 sale.
Did you say out of production at the beginning of May? :shock:

I wonder when they will stop coming in? :idea:

Does anyone know when the 2007 Rav4's will be available?
:oops:

#13 ·
Re: where oh where has my little RAV gone ?

vroom2grow said:
Did you say out of production at the beginning of May? :shock:

I wonder when they will stop coming in? :idea:

Does anyone know when the 2007 RAV4's will be available?
:oops:
For the 2006 RAV4 the info I have shows that final 2006 orders are due by May 10, 2006, not that production ends then. The 2006 build-out date (end of production) is probably in July.

2007 orders can be placed as of June 12, 2006 and production starts in August for delivery in September or October.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.