Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having to replace the Computer Immobilizer Module on a 2011 Toyota Rav4 Limited. Can't find it. Where is it located?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have to replace all three computers because the car won't pair to a new key. Toyota informed me the
Anti-theft Alarm Control unit, Lock Actuator and EXU Aggregate had to be replaced. I found everything but the Anti-theft Alarm Control Unit.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
I see but this does not make any sense why the dealer is telling you this. If all you are doing is making 1 extra key then you are doing something wrong. I suggest you read the sticky on making an extra key.
You need to make sure you have the correct key fob. The ones for push button ignition the procedures are different than the key ignition system. If you find it too complicated and don't understand something you should explain your problem what you are experiencing on this forum so someone can help.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The car won't take the programming. Toyota ordered a new key and tried to pair it and the computer won't take it.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Ok now we are getting some where. The dealer should know what they are doing but maybe this one is clueless or want to rip you off to the hilt.
When all the keys are lost you can't program a new key. The ECU needs to be reset. To do this this requires a reseed code. The reseed code allows you to create a new master key and then make more other keys. I would either go to another Toyota dealer or to a locksmith that specialize in making new fob keys.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So when you say had to program a new key right now there is no key or you already had one made by the dealer?
Had one made by the Toyota dealer, The toyota dealer was unable to program it to the car. Said the computers had to be replaced as they were not communicating.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok now we are getting some where. The dealer should know what they are doing but maybe this one is clueless or want to rip you off to the hilt.
When all the keys are lost you can't program a new key. The ECU needs to be reset. To do this this requires a reseed code. The reseed code allows you to create a new master key and then make more other keys. I would either go to another Toyota dealer or to a locksmith that specialize in making new fob keys.
They tried to reseed the computer, it didn't work. Told me all three computers had to be replaced as they weren't communicating with each other.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Rfspyder98, if your computers are all working normally then I would think it is not the culprit. If the reseed code part did not work then there is a problem with the reseed code generated. Some of the locksmith are very good at fixing this problem. You have to find one that has the expertise.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Assuming this not a push button start (i.e. key only), the components are: Transponder key amplifier on your ignition switch, Transponder key ECU (in dash behind security light), and the Engine ECU (under hood, driver's side). I sure hope they checked for a blown ECU-B2 fuse in the box on the passenger side under the hood. No master key always presents a problem. I agree that a Toyota Master locksmith might be able to provide the best advice.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
The car comes with three keys. Two are master keys and the third is a valet key. The valet key can't make another master key. So if you lose one of the master key you should always make another spare master key. This will prevent you from getting in trouble if you lose the last master key. Learn how to make a master key if you want to save money. The dealer will take you to the bank when you lose all your master keys.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts