Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2005 Toyota Rav4
Trying to program a new FOB and need to locate the valet button. I've looked everywhere and am thinking there is no valet button. Thank you, Thank you for any help you can provide.

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
Welcome! If you don't receive an answer from anyone here and if you still have the owner's manual the answer should be in the manual.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,715 Posts
2005 Toyota Rav4
Trying to program a new FOB and need to locate the valet button. I've looked everywhere and am thinking there is no valet button. Thank you, Thank you for any help you can provide.
As far as I know, Toyota never put a valet button in the 2005 RAV4. You must have an aftermarket alarm system.

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
If you have an aftermarket remote starter or alarm it would most likely have that valet switch at the drivers kick panel. Just remove that panel (bottom cover left of the brake pedal) it would be there if one exist. My 05 had an aftermarket remote starter and my valet switch was located there because all the wiring connects from that area.

I don't think the valet switch is used for programming a fob remote. I thought that the valet swtich is to disable the remote start function or alarm only.

I suggest you look for the remote starter/alarm model on the box and Google for instructions.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts