Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a factory roof rack for my 97 rav4. I've seen short and tall ones on several and prefer the looks of the shorter ones. I haven't checked the dealers yet because I figure the price might scare me off. I did see some on e-bay back in Nov. for $130 and asked my wife to put it on my x-mas list but I guess I've been bad because I didn't get one .

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do you guys have access to Rhino or Rola roofracks over there in the US?

·
Registered
57 Posts
I got mine at the dealer and it was about $150 u.s. I think. I think if you want the kind that fits into the factory slots (have those little plastic sliders that cover them when not used) I would think you can only get that at a dealer or somebody that sells genuine Toyota parts. I'm very happy with mine. The bars are the same size as Thule so their accessories fit fine.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
O.K., I found a factory roof rack at Champion Toyota in Houston (Toyota World) for $111 and got it in 2 days. Looks great!

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Roof Rack for 1996 RAV4

I am also looking for a roof rack. I have found a rack for a 1998, but I have a 1996. Would the Roof Rack off a 1998 fit on the 1996? Please let me know.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I bought my '99 4dr with factory racks. They were OK, but too close together and not wide enough for my liking. So, I bought aftermarket Thule racks. I can space them farther apart and they are as wide as the RAV. I bought them online from this outfit in Vermont. They were very good to deal with:

http://www.rackwarehouse.com/thule.html

They do not use the "holes", but have to use a universal type mount. They are noisier than the factory racks. The top racks been very handy with my "this old house" project, when the utility trailer was too much and the inside of the RAV was not long enough!

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Call Brandsport or use their Live Chat!

Okay, I'm turning into a geek. I like the fact that Brandsport now has a toll free number but the live chat deal rocks! Just chat or call Larry and he'll probably be able to find you the roof rack. :) :D

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Looking for roof rack brackets

Due to a (unfortunately entirely typical :oops: ) brain cramp on my part, I tried to drive my wife's '98 RAV4 into the garage with my mountain bike still attached to the factory roof racks. The good news - my bike was unharmed! The bad news - I tore the rear roof rack off. After further investigation of the crime scene (as my wife rolled her eyes in that 'special' way), I determined that the damage was limited to the brackets that secure the posts to the roof slots. The racks themselves (and the RAV4 body) were not damaged.
So... where do I get new brackets? I tried the Toyota dealer and struck out. He special ordered a "roof rack hardware kit" but it didn't have the correct pieces (maybe it was for the RAV4.2?). I've tried cruising ebay, but haven't had any luck. Any suggestions?
In the mean time, I've bent the bracket back into the proper shape and re-installed the rear rack. It seems pretty secure, but I would feel a lot more comforable with a bracket that had not been bent and reshaped.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Re: Looking for roof rack brackets

ColoradoReef said:
Due to a (unfortunately entirely typical :oops: ) brain cramp on my part, I tried to drive my wife's '98 RAV4 into the garage with my mountain bike still attached to the factory roof racks. The good news - my bike was unharmed! The bad news - I tore the rear roof rack off. After further investigation of the crime scene (as my wife rolled her eyes in that 'special' way)
OUCH!!! (in more ways than one. That one will take awhile for the wife to forget)

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hello, to all of you, I trying to find a factory roofrack for my 98 Rav4 (4doors) and I so far a had no luck at all.
one of the problems might be the fact that I live in Canada and I'm not sure how much canadians are into toyota. but please if anyone could give me an idea of where I could get this factory roofrack???????? thank you

1 - 17 of 17 Posts