Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm wondering where I can get a front bumper bar for my 2001 rav4.

I'm in Vancouver Canada, so local places would be great! US websites are appreciated also.

thanks,

Tim

·
Registered
1,995 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
That's an Aussie spec Toyota OEM nudge bar with integrated bash plate. We at RAV4OZ.com can get these for you if you like. Shoot me an email and we can talk about it :)

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hey tmdawg

have you looked at the Westin Safari Light Bar? I think this one looks about the same one from the AUS (bit smaller).

Hope this help!

trdcamry

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How much is an Aus Spec Nudge Bar for a 05? and shipping?

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Now thats a nice rav. But For some reason I wouldnt want to push anything with that bar. Maybe because of the paint.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Haha! Agree! Haha! Guess what ... I tried pushing snow in Whistler parking lot, no scratch at all :D

·
Registered
986 Posts
I installed the bar and lights all myself, and I would give it a 5 out of 10 because when did it, I needed to remove the front bumper which is such a pain to do. You can get away with not removing the front bumper, but I had to remove a previous set of fog lights that were set into the bumper, and redo some of the wiring. I didn't use any of the stock wiring, I had installed my own wires when I put on the original fog lights the year before. However when I installed new fog lights and the Safari bar, I replaced all the wiring I had installed inside the engine bay with a new harness, but left the switch and some other wiring that ran inside the Rav. It's not terribly complicated, it just takes the better part of a day, and a good amount of patience.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Jeff said:
I installed the bar and lights all myself, and I would give it a 5 out of 10 because when did it, I needed to remove the front bumper which is such a pain to do. You can get away with not removing the front bumper, but I had to remove a previous set of fog lights that were set into the bumper, and redo some of the wiring. I didn't use any of the stock wiring, I had installed my own wires when I put on the original fog lights the year before. However when I installed new fog lights and the Safari bar, I replaced all the wiring I had installed inside the engine bay with a new harness, but left the switch and some other wiring that ran inside the RAV. It's not terribly complicated, it just takes the better part of a day, and a good amount of patience.
Jeff, does the Westin involve some cutting or drilling in the bumper or somewhere else ?
JR

·
Registered
986 Posts
You have to cut two small notches in the black plastic splash shields under the bumper so the brackets can protrude down from where they bolt on under the radiator. It's minor cutting and can be done easily with a pair of aviation shears (tin snips).

·
Registered
119 Posts
You folks have me thinking about a front bar now as the front end on my RAV 4.3 Limted is so volunerable without a dedicated bumper, and they look good to. Thanks all for the helpful data.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts