Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

I purchased a 2016 RAV4 V6 Limited and I wanted to find out where do you purchase OEM parts online? Obviously I am looking for Toyota parts (or better) but I do not want to pay the dealers or the shop to replace them. So, what are some of the online sites where you'd normally shop for maintenance parts (filters, fluids, brakes, etc)?

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,732 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why doesn't this site allow me to click the Thank You button more than once?!! :D

·
Registered
575 Posts
vasillalov said:
Obviously I am looking for Toyota parts (or better)
The only OEM Toyota parts that I've bought so far have been oil, air, and cabin filters. For brakes, I've used Raybestos and Wagner when they have summer promotions going on, the spark plugs are Denso and ignition coils are Delphi. Going with OEM Toyota parts is good for peace-of-mind, but using 3rd party parts after doing some research can save a lot.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. I follow your logic. I am a big fan of using OEM or superior to OEM quality parts. When I was looking online, it appeared that a lot of the OEM-like replacement parts are of inferior quality. Lets be honest, there is not a strong aftermarket industry for the RAV 4 and generally aftermarket products are designed for consumers who want to pay less (and often don't care about quality) than OEM pricing.

I am the opposite way. I strongly believe in always using superior and high-quality parts and items. When working on cars I like to overbuild things and then run things up to 80% capacity.

Not surprisingly, the maintenance parts for the RAV4 are MUCH MUCH cheaper than the ones for my BMW 335i. For $200.00 I purchased 4 Toyota OEM rubber floor matts, set of NGK sparkplugs, 3 TRD oil filters, a pack of oil drain plug gaskets and MAHLE air intake and cabin air filters.

If I was to buy the same parts for my BMW, online with bottom dollar pricing, I'll be looking at about $500

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
On another note... My newly purchased RAV4 has 59K miles on the clock. It's a 2010 model. Should I be considering a transmission fluid and filter change? 6 years is not a short time.

I would most likely go with OEM Toyota fluid and filters.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
On another note... My newly purchased RAV4 has 59K miles on the clock. It's a 2010 model. Should I be considering a transmission fluid and filter change? 6 years is not a short time.

I would most likely go with OEM Toyota fluid and filters.
I would certainly do that, then you would know it's done and can go from there.

·
Registered
575 Posts
vasillalov said:
Like ravenuer said, get it done, because you don't know how old or used it could be.

You can also check here for OEM parts, they're a vendor supporting ToyotaNation forum and they're competitive as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts