Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a RAV4 2012 make and have a lot of difficulty in backing it up. I want to install at backup camera but afraid that the spare tyre is going to cut the vision of the camera towards the passenger side. Can you please advise with a image possible on where the backup camera has to be fixed. I live in COlumbus, OH and if you can also guide me to aftermarket dealer who can fix it, that would be great too.

Rgds

Ravee

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi

Thank you for your quick reply and photos. Mine is a base model and does not have a monitor attached to the dash board. If the camera is fixed to the number plate, is it showing the complete visibility of the rear side as the number plate of RAV4 is not exactly at the center of the car.

Thanking you in advance.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Right mine didn't either. It's an aftermarket touch screen stereo. If you don't want to go that route there are some that have monitors you can mount on the dash and such.

As you can see in the pic I have it angled to cover the center. And it's got a wide enough lens that it even pics up the license plate and bumper while still also getting the sky. Both edges of my garage are visible so it covers the entire area you would be concerned about. The built in replacement units are similarly angled.

·
Registered
244 Posts
The European version of the RAV4 4.3 has it's license plate in the middle under the bumper.
When using the OEM rear view camera-license plate light module, Would n't the image be to low and hard to use?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.