Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone... would anyone be able to tell me where the Intake Air Temperature sensor for a 2003 RAV4 would be? I've bought this mod thing from ebay... but don't know where would the IAT be... please include a picture or something if possible...

thanks a bunch...

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
If you did buy the resistor, I think you blow some money away dude. Just by the Next Level Performance Module instead of the resistor. Trust me I've used both. I have the Tri-Phase, man, it really works. Since I don't smole, I installed it in the ashtray. I cover it up, and no one knows it is their. When I need the power, I just flic the switch.

http://www.nextlevelracing.com/about.htm

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Surely the next level thing is just another series of resistors, ultimately doing the same thing as the cheapo resistor mod?

Personally, I'd steer clear of both. If you want performance increase then either nitrous or forced induction is the way to go.

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
Governor, do you mean something like this;

I've done them all Sir SupraBob. This is my next level, a Turbo kit. I'm also considering some NOS. The module was just a way to explode the engine that I have know. So I can have an excuse to install the turbo kit. :D I just need a Greddy E-manager, and a few other things. But most of all, TIME. This is my everday vehicle. I'm a school teacher and a university student. :roll:

God Save the Queen.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:lol:

Fair enough matey! :D You obviously know what yer doing then! :D

I know what you mean about time - I look after the gf's rav4 for her (gotta change that damn belt again soon) but haven't got the time to do all the work to my own car that's sat on the drive (Supra TT) :(

:edit: You know they've released the E-manage Ultimate now, don't you? ;)

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Several years ago some friends and I tested those IAT resistor mods on a chassis dyno. With one on, the car actually lost a few hp along the curve. The guy that bought it wasted his money.

Retuning the ECM beats trying to fool the oem program. 8)

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
mensajero said:
RAV4Don, I hate to blow money. I guess no one does. Give us the inside scoop on this issue. I already have some Greddy parts waiting for the rest to be installed. :shock:
Well, I wouldn't call it any kind of scoop. But when you consider that this IAT mod is just causing the ECM (or PCM as the case maybe) to believe that the intake air is colder and denser so that it enriches the fuel mixture. Depending the operating conditions and the actual fuel needs of the engine, this mod may add more HP or reduce the HP. Does your engine run better in a rich condition? Maybe not. Only testing can determine this.

The best method is to chassis dyno your RAV at a shop that has a professional tuner that can determine what your engine needs through the RPM range. Maybe it does produce more power with more timing and more fuel? A good reprogramming can make the proper adjustments (based on O2 readings) to the fuel and timing tables and optimize the needed tune for your car.

Forget the IAT mod.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts