Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think this would be the best place to place the 3X2X1 module. Easy access. The green switch is for the Hella Drive lights. On the island, this opening is used for cigarettes. Yea, right. :lol: Also, their is one right on top of this one. I think a Dremel can do the trick. But it must be very careful not to mess up.

Or, relocate the Green switch to the upper position. Then take the area where the green switch is, and place it there. But i need some input guys. Put on your thinking caps :roll:

·
Registered
396 Posts
I'd put it someplace where it couldn't be seen just because something like that might invite someone to break into your Rav just to rip the module out. Do the 4.1's have that little cubby hole beneath the steering wheel like the 4.2s? That's where I was planning to put mine. Out of sight but still easy to access.

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gee, you're right. I didn't think about that. Oh well, back to the drawing board. I can also place it behind the shifter. Their is a plate, like to place some change. I'll use the cup holder as a change well, and place the module there. Come Back.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
If you want a stealthy look, hide the module inside of the ashtray. You will probably have to cut out the ashtray bottom with a dremel tool and find a way to mount it from underneath. It is hidden from view when not in use, but when you want to use the controls on the Tri-Phase, just flip open the cover of the ashtray and there it is!!! :wink: :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts