Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, can anyone provide a picture of exactly where to tap onto all the separate door triggers on the 4.3 RAV4. I see mentions of folks doing it but not sure exactly where they tapped onto each separate door trigger wire. I've installed an alarm with remote start and it's working fine but I used the Dome Supervision door trigger wire on the driver's side dash above the fuse box that provides a negative trigger when any door plus rear door is opened. Although this does work to trigger the alarm (with slight delay) it is not satisfactory for me since after doing a remote start operation and the engine run is stopped, the RAV4 turns on the dome light supervision triggering the alarm system siren blaring after each remote start operation and I have to manually silence or disarm the alarm to reset it. Thus, I want to find all the separate negative door trigger wires to diode connect to the alarm. Can anyone who has already gone this route please show or tell exactly where and what plug location they tapped onto each door trigger wire? I'll attach a picture here of where I currently tap onto the dome supervision door trigger wire currently.

Attachments

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I know all the info on the internet searches all say that but no one ever reveals exactly where the actual wires are for the separate door triggers. But, I have been analyzing the RAV4 wiring schematics and deciphered the junction block and connector codes finally and I know where all the wires are to be found now. Everyone just gives vague locations to find the wires. I wonder why?

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
Yeah I know all the info on the internet searches all say that but no one ever reveals exactly where the actual wires are for the separate door triggers. But, I have been analyzing the RAV4 wiring schematics and deciphered the junction block and connector codes finally and I know where all the wires are to be found now. Everyone just gives vague locations to find the wires. I wonder why?
I tried installing a remote starter a few years ago and had a hell of time finding a couple of wires. I ended up getting a shop install a different remote starter altogether.
I am looking at some notes and there is a pink wire (-) (unlock & disarm) and blue wire (-) lock & arm in the kick panel.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I tried installing a remote starter a few years ago and had a hell of time finding a couple of wires. I ended up getting a shop install a different remote starter altogether.
I am looking at some notes and there is a pink wire (-) (unlock & disarm) and blue wire (-) lock & arm in the kick panel.
I found all the necessary wires at the ignition switch area for the immobilizer bypass. It was tricky and hard to get at the connector as they really made it hard to access. My alarm system with remote start is now completed as I finally tapped onto all the separate door trigger wires including the rear door.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
For the benefit of anyone else tackling a car alarm install and needing door trigger wire locations, I'm attaching my photo of the connection wire points. I found these by studying a 2006 service manual electrical wiring schematics and figured it out on my own. All the wires are found at the junction box connectors by the driver's side dash panel above the fuse box and one door trigger is harder to reach located way up high under the drivers side dash on the Main Body ECU connector E15. See my 2 attached pictures showing these connections.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts