Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else notice this? Since the intro of the 06 RAV, the vehicle has not been heavily advertised in the newspapers, auto dealer classified section. All other new Toyo models are well covered. They just seem to omit the RAV. At least in this part of the country anyway. Surfice to say the car is so hot it just sells itself, or they are not giving any deals on this model. Even on TV you see one or two commercials for the RAV, nothing like on the Camry or Highlander. Kinda like they are still keeping this vehicle a little secret. Just wondering what their reasoning is for this obvious omission of a great little car, ah truck I mean.

H

·
0 Posts
My guess is that localy, they cannot keep them in stock so there is no need to advertise. Advertising is usually for those that are not selling, that is what dealers have told us.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
See those quirky Rav commercials quite often around here.

Certainly seeing a lot more ads for the 4.3 than I did any other Rav.

J

·
0 Posts
They are comming next month. My Pacific Blue RAV LTD delivery was delayed a few hours because it was being "filmed" for an upcoming commercial! If you see a Pacific Blue Limited, it's mine :thumbs_up:

R

·
0 Posts
Hey, Inlets,

I agree (I'm in Tampa) -- haven't seen much on TV or newspaper, BUT I have received some direct mail (probably because I'm a repeat Toyota buyer) with some very nice -- and NOT cheap -- brochures. I did see ONE commercial on TV (though I don't watch much TV). Could be, too, that they're having trouble figuring out exactly what version(s) to sell in this area, what this market wants. I would think MOST Florida buyers won't need or want the 4WD, but I am planning some light off-road and winter driving in snowy and mountainous areas out of state now and then, so the 4WD was important to me. One dealership I went to had no V6, another only had two 4WD (I bought one). Could be that they just don't have enough inventory yet to make it worth their while to heavily advertise in this area for this vehicle.

·
Super Moderator
1,566 Posts
The major marketing focus right now for Toyota is the Camry (with a slight lean towards the Hybrid version) and within the past couple weeks, the Yaris -- I'd expect FJ Cruiser commercials any day now, though. The RAV4 had its time in the spotlight with almost all of January and February to itself.

Recently, I've seen commercials singularly dedicated to the Camry and to the Yaris, but for now the RAV4 has been sequestered to "combo" commercials that encompass a handful of Toyota's model lineup.

·
Premium Member
3,348 Posts
karrock said:
-- I'd expect FJ Cruiser commercials any day now, though.
I've heard there will NOT be any FJ television commercials. Plan is to keep the "what the heck is that?" factor alive :roll: :lol:

K

·
0 Posts
I don't watch TV, but as I was shopping around for a RAV4, I would drive by a RAV4 freeway billboard on the way home from work. Which was very frustrating since I did not know if I would find one! It's been changed to a Camry billboard since then. There's a RAV billboard in another location -- with "40% more cargo room" message.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Rav4 ads are in heavy rotation here during sports. In fact Toyota has really got some heavy ad time in with the '07 Camry out now too.

·
Registered
27 Posts
jebinc said:
They are comming next month. My Pacific Blue RAV LTD delivery was delayed a few hours because it was being "filmed" for an upcoming commercial! If you see a Pacific Blue Limited, it's mine :thumbs_up:
Jeb, I'm so jealous! My Pacific Blue is on the way, so I'll be looking for your commercial, and be proud to a. know the owner and b. have the same color! GREAT choice for the commercial and great choice for you too! :) that is so cool!

X

·
0 Posts
maybe our cars doesnt need it hehehe, my dealer sold 350 rav4´s in the last 4 months

J

·
0 Posts
RavigailRavioli - Congrats!!

Pacific Blue is such a cool color! We can't wait to see the commerical!

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Are you sure it's "Pacific Blue" just saw a brand new Toyo commercial and the RAV was "Classic Silver" maybe they changed cars on you.

J

·
0 Posts
I purchased the car last Thursday. They told me the commercial was going to run in 2-4 weeks. They also shot the FJ and Camry that day.

K

·
0 Posts
I still have not seen a Pacific Blue. That would have been my second choice, but I guess they are pretty rare.

K

·
0 Posts
The inventory is still pretty tight so Toyota may not need to do a lot of advertizing. My RAV4 count is up 3 (to 10 total) after about 7 weeks. And Toyotas are really popular here in the Bay Area.

·
Registered
27 Posts
i saw your commercial!!! ;) it was on during desperate housewives! so exciting :) i love it b/c its "my car too" :) pacific blue. :)

you have the 3rd row right? b/c in the commercial it has the 3rd row...but it could have been filmed separately.

congrats again!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts