Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to buy the best fitting, and looking bug deflector, I was quoted $99. yesterday from the toyota dealership here in Eugene Oregon. Sounds like the Napa deflector isn't the greatest. If anyone is happy or dissapointed with yours please let me know, I too hate taking items back. I do love my 06 V6 limited Red Rav

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm looking into the Benevento model. Trying to get specs and a picture of one (the one on the website looks the same regarless of the vehicle so I suspect it's just a generic picture). Will post more info as I get it. :D

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, any update that you find on the bug deflector would be appreciated.
As a sidenote, i had all my windows tinted AND put a dark band across the front widshield to block the sun, and it is soo nice, i'll take a photo and post it.
happy trials :shock:

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, any update that you find on the bug deflector would be appreciated.
As a sidenote, i had all my windows tinted AND put a dark band across the front widshield to block the sun, and it is soo nice, i'll take a photo and post it.
happy trials :shock:

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmmmmm sounds nice! Was thinking of doing that as well, but one step at a time... Got an 05 Harley Heritage Softail that just seems to suck the $$ outta my pockets, you know, tones of chrome and stuff :shock: :roll: :D :lol:

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fellow hood protector fans:

I spend many hours searching the internet and looking for the right hood protector for my rig. Here's what I learned:

1. Not much available for the 2006 RAV4
2. The Benevento is back ordered 6-8 weeks, no matter what place you check. There must be production problems...
3. The AutoVentShade is very undesirable to me - Rides real high off of the hood (see other posters photos) and seems "cut off" above the lights. Butt ugly in my opinion.
4. The Toyota web site photo doesn't appear to be correct. It shows a stubbie, low profile protector. Some say that is the US model....

I live in WA state - Seattle area. I found a local Toyota dealer who had one in stock - I bought it as soon as I saw it! It wasn't the short stubbie one listed on the Toyota web site but rather the full length one that some describe as "the Canadian model". This is really a nice unit. I love how it hungs the hood and mounts securely.

Best of luck to you!!

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You sure don't mince words, do you?!? The Autoventshade may not be the best or the best looking but it's a damn sight better than nothing at all. It would never be my first choice but it will do until something better comes along.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Progun: Sorry about that! I didn't mean it the way it came out. I just didn't like the look myself. Different strokes for different folks!

·
Premium Member
7,936 Posts
Jebinc, what's the part number for the one you bought?

Thx

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi quickdtoo,

Thanks for your help in the "other" forum!

The PN on my OEM hood protector is HD20K06S. It's a "FormFit"

·
Premium Member
7,936 Posts
Hmmm, FormFit is a BeneVento product name, but the part number is different than on the Amazon page. :?

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Quickdtoo,

And Benevendo is made by a company called AutoMax.... or at least that's what their web site suggests..... I have a "FormFit" on my 2004 Honda Accord EXV6 w/Navi. That too is "OEM". No problems with that one either which is why I was quick to buy the RAV4 version!

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for all the info on the hood defectors, you have all been helpful. I think I will hold out and get a Toyota deflector when they become available. Grant

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The Toyota's are available. quickdtoo and I (jebinc) have them and purchased them in the US.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I called and ordered a deflector today from the local toyota dealer $99. including shipping, i hope it is the full length like I have been reading about and not the short stubby one. Thanks again, Grant

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I ordered the Canadian hood protector (#PT427-42060) today from a local dealer here in Norfolk, VA. I called another dealer here and was told there is a "Stop Sales order" on that part number. I then called a Toronto dealer and they said they couldn't ship it and were suprised I couldn't get it in the USA. They said just to keep trying other US dealers until someone orders it and it will go through if they just put the order in the sytem. I called Denbigh Toyota in Newport News, VA and gave them the part number, they found it and took my AMEX card for $106.43. It should be here Friday (May 5th)...crossing my fingers hoping for a happy Cinco de Mayo!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts