Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to buy a rav4, no matter the generation, but i would like to know about the most economic one?, i'll use it for city driving, no more than 60 km/h, also, if possible what is the cheapest one?

·
Registered
9,061 Posts
Economic, in what senses? Costs for the vehicle itself, depreciation, fuel, maintenance, insurance, reliability including repairs, tax and licence, etc.? There are so many criteria along with personal experiences and opinions to juggle and interrelate that it is difficult for anyone to arrive at a reasonably useful answer. Example - the cheapest one likely would be the oldest, but that is more likely to be near the end of its useful life and require expensive repairs to keep it on the road.

·
Registered
272 Posts
a manual transmission 2WD is going to be the most inexpensive to buy, maintain, and drive

but the best thing to do is find one in good condition, no matter the options, with about 100-120K miles on it, plenty of life left, but not driven so little the owner wants a premium for it

·
Super Moderator
11,193 Posts
I'd find the newest one with over 100K, maybe even 150K. A lot of miles for the model year means a lot of highway use which is the easiest on the car. Also look for good rubber on the tires. That's a $500 hit if it needs new ones soon.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'd find the newest one with over 100K, maybe even 150K. A lot of miles for the model year means a lot of highway use which is the easiest on the car. Also look for good rubber on the tires. That's a $500 hit if it needs new ones soon.
LOL. or it means it was an Uber driver in the city!

·
Registered
35 Posts
a manual transmission 2WD is going to be the most inexpensive to buy, maintain, and drive

but the best thing to do is find one in good condition, no matter the options, with about 100-120K miles on it, plenty of life left, but not driven so little the owner wants a premium for it
Bravo. 100-120k is the best for a toyota!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts