Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I have seen at Tire Rack the Yokohama AVID are no longer available. Damn good tire. I have used up two sets in 6 years. Great in the rain. But look like Yokohama is going to another direction. Take a look at these and give me your opinion. Tire size is 235/60/16. This is the factory recomendation for the RAV4.1.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/Compare1.jsp?width=235/&ratio=60&diameter=16&startIndex=0&search=true&pagelen=20&pagenum=1&pagemark=1&x=76&y=12&RunFlat=All

Price, well, I'm looking for something in the 80 to 90 dollar range.

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
"Thank you for the overwhelming input" :roll:

I've decided to buy the Yokohama Avid V4S in 235/60/16 from Tire Rack. Shipping to Puerto Rico, $231.00, total, $583.00. You might see it as a little high. But they last almost four years man, of hot, humid, rainy tropical climet. They NEVER went flat on me. Pictures here are the second set, which is the set that is going out. They worked awesome. Let me tell you these are still good for another 1,000 miles. I'll just put away the new yokohama Avid V4S, until my RAV4 needs them.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Yokohama&tireModel=Avid+V4S&vehicleSearch=false&partnum=36VR6V4S&fromCompare1=yes&place=11

If they are as good as the two previous Yokohama tires I had. Man, don't hesitate in buying these tires.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Look like great tires!

I haven't been around for a while. I just moved into a new home. Everything gets turned upside-down. The Rav did most of the work. They can hold more than people think.

Good-luck with the new socks on your Rav. Directional is the way to go with a wet climate. Good choice!

My Bridgestones haven't let me down yet but I would consider going with something else in the future. I'll need new ones next spring before our next big road trip.

Stay cool! M.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts