Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,716 Posts
I love those rims! Why would you want to change them? I think all black rims give the impression of a cheap car that lost its hub caps, at least from a distance. Those snowflake rims you have look awesome!

·
Member-RAV4 ReGeneration
264 Posts
I would not usually chose black wheels, but they go well with that color.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
And what about the front bar, matt black or steel? (I need 2 setst of wheels, for winter and for sommer season)

·
Registered
229 Posts
They way your white RAV4 is accented, the black rims do look great to compliment it. It is difficult to be objective in these cases as everyone has different tastes. The OP car looks great with the stock rims, but some people like to stand out from everyone else. I've seen people go as far as to customize the paint color of the rims to match the car exactly. Black is great in that you will not see dirt and faults so much on the rims.

IMHO, I think the OP probably only needs an additional set of rims and tires for winter that will match the bar for the front. Looks like it snows lots there. Again, thats only my opinion but it is all up to each person's personal tastes and preferences. Either way, make it the way you want it and don't worry about what anyone thinks.:wink

·
Member-RAV4 ReGeneration
264 Posts
Send a photo when you get the bar on. Yeah, it definitely should be black, in my opinion.

·
Member-RAV4 ReGeneration
264 Posts
Want this Bar, not sure if it would not make my car look cheap looking if I get it in chrome...
Yeah, stay away from the Chrome one. IMO it does not do the RAV in the photo, justice. Of course you could just pass on it. Yours looks great as it is now.

·
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,716 Posts
Want this Bar, not sure if it would not make my car look cheap looking if I get it in chrome...
What happened to the picture in your first post? It seems to have disappeared.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah, stay away from the Chrome one. IMO it does not do the RAV in the photo, justice. Of course you could just pass on it. Yours looks great as it is now.
Someone reversed into my last car and damaged it badly, that is why I want the bar. I think it makes the car looks more rugged as well. It is also cheaper to repaint the bar than to change the whole front bumper and the radiator. I would have it in matt black color not glossy.

·
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,716 Posts
I can still see it.
Hmmm....I can see it now at home--it was blocked at work. You might want to create an album or albums on your profile page and upload pics there.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts