Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
I've got the same sound on my 2017 Limited. What's crazy is my partner's 2017 Limited does not make the sound. It's annoying, but I'm so used to it anymore, I just let it go. I don't want to play the whole game with the dealer not hearing it, when it's a clear as day. I did that with my passenger front door, as it rattles when music is turned up... no one heard anything, but they said my drivers door woofer was blown... I know it wasn't, but that damned rattle is still there.

·
Registered
28 Posts
quick update

I've visit a different dealership recently (I have now ~44k kms and the noise is still there). Surprisingly, the technician was not deaf and blind (as they usually are) and acknowledged the noise right away. He said that was normal noise for hybrid RAV4 and had heard it before in other cars. He made a note about my concern in the system.

I can say that noise is exactly the same as it was the moment I started hearing it even though it wasn't there until maybe 7k kms. So I guess, if you have this noise, just try to find a technician who will hear the noise and ask them to make a note about it in the system. More notes = bigger chance of issue acknowledgement. Even though this noise annoys me pretty much all the time (I just try to escape in thoughts or music), I don't believe it's a big issue after all.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am experiencing a whining noise in my 2018 RAV4. It only has 1200 miles on it. Service dept has listened and heard the sound, but dont know what it is. Only happens when I decelerate from 55 to 50. It is not a wind sound. Sounds like it come from the front center of the vehicle. Anyone have an idea. Im going back to service at dealer this week for an extended attempt for them to find the issue.
Guess everyone accepted the noise as Toyota mechanics are all deaf.
quick update

I've visit a different dealership recently (I have now ~44k kms and the noise is still there). Surprisingly, the technician was not deaf and blind (as they usually are) and acknowledged the noise right away. He said that was normal noise for hybrid RAV4 and had heard it before in other cars. He made a note about my concern in the system.

I can say that noise is exactly the same as it was the moment I started hearing it even though it wasn't there until maybe 7k kms. So I guess, if you have this noise, just try to find a technician who will hear the noise and ask them to make a note about it in the system. More notes = bigger chance of issue acknowledgement. Even though this noise annoys me pretty much all the time (I just try to escape in thoughts or music), I don't believe it's a big issue after all.
I own a 2008 v6 limited Rav4 as well as a 2015. The 2008 started whining at about 50k. Was told by Toyota the
transmission needed replacing to stop the whine but would not support me by replacing at no cost. I was told the cost
would be about 6500 dollars. The transmission works fine. The whining is louder now but have 140k on it now.
I just ignore the noise and see if I can get another 100k out of it.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts