Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Just wondering if you've noticed this as well. When it's cold out and I get up to speed, I hear a subtle chirpy whirring noise, maybe coming from behind the dash or below the shifter. It goes away as I take my foot of the accelerator and coast, but comes back when I accelerate. It happens even with the heater off, so I don't think it has to do with an HVAC fan.

Any ideas? It's a 2016 Limited, FWIW.

Thanks,

Mike

·
Registered
5 Posts
high pitched whistle or noise

2016 Ltd, with only 50 mi. on it yet. I'm getting something of the opposite: get up to speed about 50 to 55 MPH. take foot off accelerator and I get a high pitched noise, press the gas pedal and it goes away.

The noise seems to go away after running the Rav for awhile. I'm going to test this out further. Anyone else experience this?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2016 Ltd, with only 50 mi. on it yet. I'm getting something of the opposite: get up to speed about 50 to 55 MPH. take foot off accelerator and I get a high pitched noise, press the gas pedal and it goes away.

The noise seems to go away after running the Rav for awhile. I'm going to test this out further. Anyone else experience this?
When I asked the service tech about it, he thought the noise I was hearing was attributable to the transmission. Not sure if yours is the same thing.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ran the Rav around town yesterday. Still had the high-pitched whistle when decelerating from about 60 to 50. Goes away when I step on the gas. It could be the transmission. If this keeps bugging me, I'll take the car in for the service techs to check out.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I just heard it today for the first time as well. Annoying, but nothing the radio wouldn't drown out.

I'll take mine in soon for diagnosis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts