Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I just picked up a 2006 RAV4 V6 the other day. While Poking around, I noticed a white hose in the left rear compartment where part of the jack tools are located. There's also a white connector with nothing plugged into it on the lower right. Does anyone have any ideas what these are for? The white hose is in the right rear compartment where the actual jack is located also. I cannot find any information on what they are for in the manual. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,345 Posts
Pretty sure the HOSE is the drain tube for your SUNROOF... assuming you have a SUNROOF... correct? :D

As for the connector with nothing plugged in... you must have a 2WD. This electrical plug has something to do with the 4WD system... though I don't know exactly what :? Maybe a 4WD owner could UNPLUG these plugs (1 each side?) and report back what happens :lol:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Whoa! Talk about psychic! You nailed it! Thanks for the info and fast reply! You saved me from going crazy trying to figure out what they were!

·
Registered
271 Posts
Thanks for the info, Kelley... Those must be really good soundproofing items. Wonder what it is going to be if they put a larger piece instead of 6x6 inches.

·
Super Moderator
1,559 Posts
Ain't it great having an inside man at Toyota? 8)

I was thinking that the plugs could also be for a trailer wiring harness, but those would more likely attach inline rather than with unused connections.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts