Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Love my SE with LED headlamps. I just find the fog lights take the cool LED look away as I'm driving at night.

·
Registered
143 Posts
It's a must where I live because I drive at night alot and many roads don't have any lighting. With that said I hated the color of the lights compared to the led headlights and I changed the fog light bulbs out with matching(or very close) led bulbs.

Sent from my R1 PLUS using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's a must where I live because I drive at night alot and many roads don't have any lighting. With that said I hated the color of the lights compared to the led headlights and I changed the fog light bulbs out with matching(or very close) led bulbs.

What type of bulbs did you pick up?

·
Registered
143 Posts
What was involved in the install?
I popped out a couple of clips on the wheel well and pulled the wheel well out a few inches, reached in twisted the bulb socket out removed old bulb and plugged in new led bulb and reinstalled bulb socket. If your not comfortable pulling wheel well out there is a cover on the bottom in front of the wheel well. If I remember Its 3 screws and I'm pretty sure a few clips as well. Then you can reach in and twist out the bulb socket. Either way 20-30 minutes tops.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Here's a night pic, not the best, I'll try to get a picture tomorrow during the day.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I popped out a couple of clips on the wheel well and pulled the wheel well out a few inches, reached in twisted the bulb socket out removed old bulb and plugged in new led bulb and reinstalled bulb socket. If your not comfortable pulling wheel well out there is a cover on the bottom in front of the wheel well. If I remember Its 3 screws and I'm pretty sure a few clips as well. Then you can reach in and twist out the bulb socket. Either way 20-30 minutes tops.

Nice, why these bulbs in particular vs the competition?

·
Registered
248 Posts

Excellent, Thank you.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Nice, why these bulbs in particular vs the competition?
Honestly I wanted something fairly quick(amazon Prime) and nothing too expensive. Reviews were decent so I figured I'll take a chance. I have 30 days to return with prime. . No issues so far, I have had them in for 5-6 weeks. Much better than the stock bulbs IMO.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Honestly I wanted something fairly quick(amazon Prime) and nothing too expensive. Reviews were decent so I figured I'll take a chance. I have 30 days to return with prime. . No issues so far, I have had them in for 5-6 weeks. Much better than the stock bulbs IMO.

Post more pics when possible!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Here's a teaser shot of led cupholder lighting I'm working on. Need to see how bright it while driving
Also working on led footwell lighting that will turn on with door open/dome light. Not really in any rush so it will be a couple weeks.

Biggest issue I see I may need to add some silicone adhesive to led strip, the strip doesn't sit perfectly flat in a couple spots because the slant on the side of the sidewall and curve of cupholder are fighting each other.

·
Registered
45 Posts
JDM makes some good bulbs. I completely replaced all bulbs in my old 200 Jetta with JDM extremely brights. Love every minute of using them!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
JDM makes some good bulbs. I completely replaced all bulbs in my old 200 Jetta with JDM extremely brights. Love every minute of using them!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Which led bulb is best for the rear license plate?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Which led bulb is best for the rear license plate?
Not saying these are the best but I have used these through out both my Camrys , the Rav4 and my brothers 2 Toyota's. Used about 40 already. There inexpensive and bright. All working good, none have went bad but I did have that was dead on arrival.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/141677704806

1 - 20 of 24 Posts