Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The 355 toyota at Maryland has got two of them, but more would only be available after one or two weeks. The price would be 500 bucks above MSRP. I was strongly suggested by a friend's friend who is a Toyota dealer not to pay almost 4,000 more just to get it 6 mons earlier. He said for sure the price after 6 mons would be about 1,300 to 1,500 lower than the invoice price which is generally $2,000 lower than MSRP. In his training class he was told the target customer would be classified as young employees and women, or in other words, someone who can not afford big SUVs or want to do a little switch from sedan to small SUV. Mature customers look at something else, that was I was told.

Another thing is the sale strategy of TOYOTA: make loud noise of it, but do not make it available until more people's curiosity is stimulated. Just like Google email at the beginning - the more difficult to get one, the more eager to get it.

·
Registered
271 Posts
1,300 to 1,500 below the invoice price, hm... I would love to get one. If I could get it at invoice price, I'm really glad about it. I don't mind to wait for six months if it really does go down that much.

·
Premium Member
3,348 Posts
First person to buy a 2006 RAV4... send me a photo and brief description/story of your comments... and I'll put you on the FRONT PAGE of RAV4World :D

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Kelly Smith said:
First person to buy a 2006 RAV4... send me a photo and brief description/story of your comments... and I'll put you on the FRONT PAGE of RAV4World :D
Will you do the same thing for the first person to get the V6 Model Kelly :D

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Kelly Smith said:
csis_agent said:
Will you do the same thing for the first person to get the V6 Model Kelly :D
Of course 8) :D Might even be ME :wink:
OH its on Kelly! It might be ME :wink:
What color and model are you thinking about? With what options added on? I already talked to not the sales associate, but the manager. In canada there is no way to make deals MOSTLY, but I pretty much paid cash with no hassle for my first Rav, the manager told me to come see him and he'll give me a deal. I just have to let him know when I am ready.

·
Premium Member
3,348 Posts
I'm leaning towards a V6 Limited, 4x4, either Pacific Blue or Everglade Green with ash fabric interior (I don't care for leather), moonroof, JBL stereo with 9 speakers, side airbags, NO DVD, NO 3rd seat :roll:

Don't forget... I get to buy mine DIRECTLY from the Port 8) :mrgreen: I don't have to DEAL with a DEALER :wink: Though... this does NOT guarantee me the FIRST RAV4 :(

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Kelly Smith said:
I'm leaning towards a V6 Limited, 4x4, either Pacific Blue or Everglade Green with ash fabric interior (I don't care for leather), moonroof, JBL stereo with 9 speakers, side airbags, NO DVD, NO 3rd seat :roll:

Don't forget... I get to buy mine DIRECTLY from the Port 8) :mrgreen: I don't have to DEAL with a DEALER :wink: Though... this does NOT guarantee me the FIRST RAV4 :(
I'm leaning towards a V6 Limited, 4X4, I can't decide on the color yet. I actually wanted Flint Mica the most, but it is only on the sport model. So my choice is either Silver or Black or one of the blues. I'm leaning more towards silver, possibly black again. Mine would have the leather seats in order for me to get the side airbags here in Canada, with the JBL with 9 speakers, moonroof, foglights, colour-keyed fender flares (which isn't available for the limited model in the states but here you can get them with the special package).

·
Premium Member
3,348 Posts
Yeah... I've always liked the FLARES... but on the 06 I've decided (in my opinion) NOT to go with them. The fenders have a kinda cool... FLAT appearance... WITHOUT the flares... UNLIKE past model years 8)

I'm as yet UNDECIDED on the SIDE AIRBAGS. I wonder if they would make my INSURANCE rates lower :?:

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My advice, FWIW

Kelly Smith said:
Yeah... I've always liked the FLARES... but on the 06 I've decided (in my opinion) NOT to go with them. The fenders have a kinda cool... FLAT appearance... WITHOUT the flares... UNLIKE past model years 8)

I'm as yet UNDECIDED on the SIDE AIRBAGS. I wonder if they would make my INSURANCE rates lower :?:
Kelly,

Whatever you do, do not forego the side-curtain airbags!!....it's simply not worth it...they are only a few hundred dollars and can mean the difference between LIFE AND DEATH!!!!....remember, a side impact is one of just 2 accident scenarios that you can do NOTHING in YOUR control to prevent (the other being a REAR impact).

Back in '02, in my 2003 Toyota Corolla, when I was stopped at a traffic light, I was hit from behind at nearly 40mph by a stone-drunk driver, and it was very very scary. I just looked in my rear view mirror, and there it was BARRELING down on me....I knew he wouldn't be able to stop, and that there was NOTHING I could do, except brace myself and let go of the brake (slightly) to reduce the force. The impact pushed me through the intersection and through the red traffic light past the intersection. However, it was about midnight , and VERY VERY VERY LUCKILY there was no cross-traffic. Otherwise I would've definitely been T-Boned by someone, and maybe not here to tell this tale (the Corolla had side airbags, but no SIDE CURTAINS)....just look at the results of side impacts at IIHS ( www.iihs.org ) .....the same vehicles WITH side-curtains that received a "GOOD" rating, received a "POOR" WITHOUT them....a DAY and NIGHT difference!!!! :shock: ......it really boggles my mind that TOYOTA brags till kingdom come about how safety is their top priority, yet makes these very BASIC life-saving devices OPTIONAL......even Hyundai and Kia now have side curtains standard on their CHEAPEST models, like the Rio, for cryin out loud :roll:

FYI, I was looking over the new RAV4 inventory at carsontoyota.com, and virtually all of them (except one or two very basic "stripper" models) were equipped with side curtains.....so, maybe even though "technically" it is an option, they probably equip most of their vehicle with them, unless you special order one from the factory......something like, when the original Lexus LS 400 came out in 1990, technically, LEATHER SEATING was an option, but where has anyone seen an LS 400 with cloth seats :roll: ....I think I remember seeing one on ebay one time and thinking to myself ....Wooow!!

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
puttputt said:
Kelly Smith said:
Kelly, I did a quick insurance check (USAA) and it seems I do get a small discount with the additional side airbags. I think AAA has some kind of discount, too.
My insurance company, FARMERS, only gives a discount for driver & pass FRONT airbags....unfortunately, no discount for side impact airbags

·
Premium Member
3,348 Posts
Kelly Smith said:
As of tonight... Frank and Terry's (flyingn) 2006 RAV4 is on the front page 8)

http://rav4world.com

1 - 18 of 18 Posts