Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a set running in my office and I’m tired of always saying; "Next week I'll install them" The reason why I've haven't installed them is because the lines that I have are One Male, and one female coupler.

But when I go to install them on my RAV4 and I uninstall the OEM rubber lines, it has TWO male couplers.

Meaning I have to change one end to female. Like always I go to summit racing but I've ordered three different couplers and none of them fit.

Who has the exact coupler, and which is the measurement for it?

·
Registered
432 Posts
Weren't these supposed to come ready to install dude? I forget who had installed these. Maybe Rooster? Anyway call up the manufacturer and tell them to send you another one since they got it wrong. I'd say that will be the easiest route vs. trying to find the correct coupler. And if you do, make sure those retards make note of the change. :wink:

·
Registered
986 Posts
Did you install SS brake lines in the front? If so, are these the same ones that you installed in the front?

I believe most Toyota brake fittings are 10mm x 1.0 with an inverted flare.

·
Registered
10,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got these on EBay about two years ago. They were for a Supra. The front one, despite they were long, worked fine. The rear once where never installed because of lack of time. Rooster B, a member told me that tech-flow in CA made custom brake lines for any car; unfortunate for me I was already committed with RaceShopper.com. Anyway, the front once came in, a little long. [Since I lowered my ride, it had a little more slack, I just bent them a little and they work fine. When I went for the rear once I found myself with one male and one female line [the old REAR Supra lines]. One fits fine, but the other one needs a Coupler to make them work. The last set I bought from summit were the Russell 64000 -6 Female Swivel Coupler. They were my third guess, which eventually I returned. Since I tried other couplings. I even tried Russell Catalog to see if they had them. A pictures with measurements.

This just goes to show you that some times you want to save a buck or two. And eventually it comes back to haunt you.

You guys were saying?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts