Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this sort of off-topic in another thread, thought I'd pull it out to a separate topic... Does anyone know who has the Toyota Cargo Liner in stock? I believe the part number is PT248-42060. Harold from Canada has a pic of it in the husky v. weathertech thread - so they DO exist - but I have yet to locate anyone in the U.S. who sells them. Toyota Parts Store does not have them.

I assume that the cargo tray (rubber flat piece) is still not available at all.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I got a cargo tray. It's different from cargo liner. Cargo liner has a taller lip comparing to cargo tray. But I do like the stamped pattern on the cargo tray. Broad straight line instead of rectangle square. I've not seen cargo liner in person but from the picture the cargo liner has a more rigid lip.

try here
http://www.trdparts4u.com/

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool, can you post a pic of the cargo tray in your SUV? The only pic of one I've ever seen is on the toyota web site, and it's not a very good picture. I'd like to get a much clearer idea of what it looks like.

The cargo tray is of interest because I can see times where I willwant to put things larger than the cargo liner in the rav, and if it's something heavier I don't want to destroy the lip on the liner. I guess I could move the liner, but then that kind of eliminates the point of having it in some ways.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Called http://www.trdparts4u.com/ the cargo trays are back-ordered and the cargo liners are "not available." I have yet to find anywhere that has either of these pieces. Good grief, Toyota, why does this have to be so difficult? I would still like to see a good pic of the tray, though, if you could favor us.

S

·
0 Posts
Joshi said:
Called http://www.trdparts4u.com/, the cargo trays are back-ordered and the cargo liners are "not available." I have yet to find anywhere that has either of these pieces. Good grief, Toyota, why does this have to be so difficult? I would still like to see a good pic of the tray, though, if you could favor us.
What this site is calling a cargo liner looks exactly like my Cargo Tray?? I bought mine when I purchased the vehicle. It took one week to come in :D

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, you are right, they have the right part# (PT248-42060) and name for the liner, but they are actually showing the cargo tray (PT218-42061). On the Husky v. Weathertech thread, there is a picture from a Canadian member of the cargo liner, which has more of a lip to it; most of us have come to believe that the Toyota cargo liner is nothing but a rebranded version of the Weathertech cargo liner.

Can you post a pic of what the cargo tray looks like in your vehicle? I have been unable to find this tray for sale anywhere, so don't lose it. :D

S

·
0 Posts
I have posted a couple of PIC of the Cargo Tray in my RAV4. Look in my album :D

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks, those are easily the best pix I have seen of the tray. They are the first that show that it has a lip, just like the Toyota/Weathertech cargo liner. In fact, it's hard to tell much of a functional difference between the tray and the liner. The tray looks to be a little thicker than the liner and has a different pattern on it, but that appears to be about it.

How heavy is the tray? Is it easy to lift so that you can get at the storage compartment?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
sstarrx3 and kendfw:

One other tray question. How does the tray's lip respond after you put heavy weights on it? Does it stay crushed or spring back into shape?

After seeing a pic of the cargo tray, i'm leaning toward it over the liner, but I'd like to how the lip responds to heavy objects as well as the other two questions asked earlier in the thread.

S

·
0 Posts
Joshi, I haven't set anything on it heavy other than sitting on it myself changing my boots this weekend. It is pretty rigid, but it does bend. I don't think you will be disappointed if you bought one. You would have a hard time messing it up, it looks and feels very durable. :D

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks, one last question, is it flexible so that it's easy to lift it up to get at the storage compartment underneath it?

To be honest, I may be forced to just get the weathertech or husky in any event because no one has these trays in stock...

S

·
0 Posts
No it is not that flexible, not at all like a rubber mat. But it is still light weight. You would be lifting the entire tray up, but it is not heavy :D

S

·
0 Posts
Joshi said:
Thanks, one last question, is it flexible so that it's easy to lift it up to get at the storage compartment underneath it?

To be honest, I may be forced to just get the weathertech or husky in any event because no one has these trays in stock...
You could try Capitol Toyota in Salem Oregon. They have a warehouse in Portland. It only took a week to get mine :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts