Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
10,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys, like every year, I always ask this question. Who will win the Super Bowl?

My record in the last three years are 2 and 1. This year I hope to beat last years lost to New England

XXXIX Feb. 6, 2005 New England 24, Philadelphia 21
XXXVIII Feb. 1, 2004 New England 32, Carolina 29
XXXVII Jan. 26, 2003 Tampa Bay 48, Oakland 21

Lets first pick who are going to the Super Bowl. Then we will pick the winner of it.

I think, to this day. The two teams who have a legitimate shoot to get to the Super Bowl, are

Indianapolis Colts
vs
Seattle Sea Hawks.

Sorry Becky, your Green Bay Packers are in desperate need of a new QB. Brett F. is a legion. It is time to hang the helmet. He will go to Coopers Town on his first shoot.

·
Registered
422 Posts
And like every year, I'm gonna have to go with the Packers to win. Never mind the fact that they have no chance whatsoever of getting anywhere near the playoffs, I'm from Wisconsin and therefore required by law to expect them to win the Superbowl. :wink:

You're partly right about Brett, and he's always had issues with interceptions. However, he's ultimately only a part of the problem. The biggest problem is that he's one of only a very few Packer starters that hasn't been out due to injury. He's throwing and handing off to people he doesn't even know, and being protected by second and third stringers...it's no wonder he's throwing interceptions. It was very depressing early on this season to watch many of our starters drop like flies. I think that given a healthy, mostly first string offensive line and receivers we would see much more of the old Brett Favre. Even in this dismal season, he's thrown for over 3,000 yards AGAIN, breaking Dan Marino's record of 3,000 yard seasons. Another part of the problem is Mike Sherman's poor play calling. Not sure what the remedy for that is other than a new coach or at least have him stop calling plays.

Mind you, I'm not one of those people who thinks Brett is a perfect, blameless football god, but realistically it's not entirely his fault and I think he could still come back and do very well if other circumstances were better.

So that's my two cents on the poor Packers, who aren't even bright enough to lose when it would benefit them. :roll: (They won on Sunday night, meaning they have no chance at getting Reggie Bush in the draft. :cry: )

BTW, back to the real world, I agree, Colts and Seahawks are the most likely pairing, and I'd give it to the Colts.

Becky

·
Registered
542 Posts
hi becky, so you'r from wisconsin.. i was there (in new berlin) in 1998 when the greenbay packers lost the superbowl! many unhappy people that night i must say... i was watching the game in some bar with my sister.. she lives in kenosha..

·
Registered
422 Posts
Wow, small world, Peterpogi! I was born in Kenosha and now live in Racine, the next city north of Kenosha.

It must've been a real drag being among all those depressed crazy Packer fans! Packer fans tend to believe the entire world revolves around the Packers.

Becky

·
Registered
542 Posts
hahaha. yap, small world!! i was thinking how funny the people in the company i was visiting were all walking around with cheese heads on!!!! i think my sister is still living in kenosha but i don't know her address.. only problem i had was the weather.... far to cold for me!!

·
Registered
10,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK, of the two teams that I predicted to go to the super bowl. Only one has survived, Seattle Sea Hawks. I don't know, but when the Colts kicker mist that field goaled attempt, Peyton Manning had a look on his face like, "He misted" lets go home. That wasn't a reaction of a real competitor. But the teams coach was going through a ruff weekend with the lost of his son. Come to think of it, the cause of death has been left in limbo. Question; "How many Afro American coaches have won the Super Bowl?" Going along here, it's going to be a awesome championship games. Four hard hitting teams.

Pittsburgh Steelers vs Denver Broncos
Carolina Panthers vs Seattle Sea Hawks

Take your picks. Me, let me do some research :wink:

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Yep, I say STEELERS anyway 12 of our Marines are going to an NFR breadfast on saturday to meet and eat with the players and them they will go to the Super Bowl. Some private Company got us this free deal for our service to the Country.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
here is story enjoy it

Wounded vets Super Bowl-bound
Submitted by: MCB Quantico
Story Identification #: 20062213018
Story by Cpl. Justin Lago

MARINE CORPS BASE QUANTICO, Va. (Feb. 2, 2006) -- A few dozen combat-wounded leathernecks recovering in National Capital Region hospitals are bound for Detroit to attend the biggest sports event of the year.

The Cleveland Browns organization, in unity with the National Football League, has donated 50 Super Bowl tickets to Marine veterans who received combat injuries while serving in Iraq or Afghanistan.

The block of tickets, which has a street value of nearly $250,000, was given to Manpower and Reserve Affairs to be disseminated to the Marines in the region who meet the medical criteria for attending to the game.

“Our biggest challenge was to remain faithful to the specifics of the Cleveland Browns organization criteria for choosing who can go,” said Maj. Francis Piccoli, Marine 4 Life public affairs officer. “We narrowed it down to 33 injured Marines who are on an in-patient status in the National Capital Region who met all the specific requirements. We have to give the tickets to those folks who can physically go and don’t require constant medical attention.”

The NFL will officially recognizing the Marines’ presence with an announcement during the nationally broadcast football championship.

“Anyone watching the Super Bowl during that first break will see the United States Marine Corps,” said Piccoli. “The community relations tie-in gives us the opportunity to inform a worldwide audience of Marines who have served their country and served it well.”

“It’s exciting to be able to go to the Super Bowl,” said Cpl. Alexander Sidles, an administration clerk with Marine Corps Combat Development Com-mand. Sidles is one of two Marine veterans recovering aboard Quantico who has been nominated for a seat at the game, which will feature the American Football Conference champion Pittsburg Steelers squaring off with the National Football Conference champions Seattle Seahawks.

“I know that we will all be well taken care of while we are traveling to the game and while we are there,” Sidles added. “I know there are 50 of us going to the game but there are many more people working behind the scenes to make this happen for us. We just don’t see that, and I appreciate it.”

Each Marine attending the trip will be provided with $50 spending money and will also receive a per diem payment for the Detroit area. The funds were provided through the Marine Corps Law Enforcement Agency via the Injured Marine Semper Fi Fund.

After the Marines in the National Capitol Region receive their tickets, remaining tickets will go to Marines stationed near the Detroit metro area assigned to support the logistics of the trip.

“The Marines deserve this trip,” said Piccoli. “It is their day to just sit back and enjoy their day of recognition and a day at the game.”

·
Registered
10,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Singing..."I HAVE A FEELIN, PITTSBURGE GOING TO THE SUPER BOWL"..."I HAVE A FEELIN, PITTSBURGE GOING TO THE SUPER BOWL"..."I HAVE A FEELIN, PITTSBURGE GOING TO THE SUPER BOWL"..."I HAVE A FEELIN, PITTSBURGE GOING TO THE SUPER BOWL"..."I HAVE A FEELIN, PITTSBURGE GOING TO THE SUPER BOWL"..."I HAVE A FEELIN, PITTSBURGE GOING TO THE SUPER BOWL"..."I HAVE A FEELIN, PITTSBURGE GOING TO THE SUPER BOWL"..."I HAVE A FEELIN, PITTSBURGE GOING TO THE SUPER BOWL"..."I HAVE A FEELIN, PITTSBURGE GOING TO THE SUPER BOWL"..."I HAVE A FEELIN, PITTSBURGE GOING TO THE SUPER BOWL"..."I HAVE A FEELIN, PITTSBURGE GOING TO THE SUPER BOWL"..."I HAVE A FEELIN, PITTSBURGE GOING TO THE SUPER BOWL"..."I HAVE A FEELIN, PITTSBURGE GOING TO THE SUPER BOWL"..."I HAVE A FEELIN, PITTSBURGE GOING TO THE SUPER BOWL"...................................................................................

·
Premium Member
3,345 Posts
I have a feeling we are all VERY lucky we can't actually HEAR you :roll:

Anyway... YEAH... we all know Pittsburg is GOING to the SUPER BOWL. The question is... WHO'S going to WIN :lol: :D

Go SEAHAWKS :!: :D

Prediction: Seahawks 21, Steelers 17 :shock: :D :lol:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts