Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the biggest pet peeves everyone has understandably expressed about the 4.3 is availability - finding what trim level and option packages everyone wants and then waiting indefinitely.

For those still waiting - how about posting the trim level, major option packages and estimated time of delivery so we can all share your anxiety!! :wall

OC

P

·
0 Posts
I'm waiting on a Limited V6 2wd with JBL upgrade, side-air bags, and DRLs (not much -- the rest I will try to gather and do myself). Classic silver.

Unfortunately, I have been waiting for about 4 weeks. The worst part is that I've heard "next week" one too many times now. I don't need the car right away so I've been more patient than I otherwise might have been. I figure if they don't find me a RAV before more 07 CRV details come out, I may jump ship (not out of spite -- only if it makes sense).

Still keeping my fingers crossed (hard), though.

G

·
0 Posts
I put down a deposit March 18 on a loaded Ltd V6 AWD. Was told yesterday that the queue ahead of me for V6's hasn't budged due to high nationwide demand. My dealer estimates another six-week wait, at least.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Ordered it on Thursday the 6th, they just found it on the docks that morning and had the shipping invoice for it and told me it would be here before end of April, we'll see.

Sport, 4x4, V6, all the goodies.

Hopefully I wont have to wait much more past then because my Syclone has developed a wierd sound and its my only daily driver till I get the Rav.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Waiting

Ordered 3-18-06 Limited V6 4WD Everglade with only Moonroof, air bags all around and Tow Prep package. Dealer said 3 to 5 weeks. On 4-5-06 the dealer said that my pick wasn't coming as of yet and may be 6 more weeks. He said they won't get their new list for 2 weeks... I told them that they could also add the DRL's which would then be the same a package B in my area. We will see what happens...

D

·
0 Posts
Mid-March I originally decided to order the basic sport without all the bells and whistles. When I found out that I could get one with a few more added options for only $1300 more plus the schedule delivery date was 4/5, I decided to go for it. It's now 4/8 and it's apparently still on it's way from Jacksonville, FL...

I wasn't that anxious at first when I expected to wait for my order but now that I was expecting the 4/5 delivery, every additional day is one day too long...

DT :x

·
Registered
363 Posts
Mine is a week over due because of a train derailment in Chicago, then it has to go to Kentucky and back up to me in Ohio. Have been waiting since Feb 28.

R

·
0 Posts
I ordered mine March 1 and was told 6-8 weeks. I talked to the dealer after 4 weeks and it looks like 3-4 more weeks, so it was pretty much what they initially told me.

I ordered a V6 Limited 4x4 Blizzard Pearl with moonroof, side air bags, autodim mirror, bumper applique, mudguards, RS3200 security system, DRL, and 5pc floormats. I guess if I added JBL and Tow Prep, there's a chance that it would've been easier to get because these are part of one of the option packages for my region but they weren't a must for me. I did tell the dealer though that I wouldn't mind JBL if they found one with it, so we'll see.

It is very hard waiting, and I'm getting more and more anxious as the days pass, but I got a decent deal ($500 over Edmunds invoice) and my current car isn't exactly dying so I'm just waiting patiently. This site has been very helpful though AND THERAPEUTIC! :) A day hasn't past since March 1 that I didn't read from this forum! Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ravgal2006 wrote:
This site has been very helpful though AND THERAPEUTIC! A day hasn't past since March 1 that I didn't read from this forum! Thanks everyone!
We know the anxiety your experiencing, ravgal - hang in there :shrug:
I remember the waiting period for my last several vehicles - checking out websites and forums, gathering all the info possible about the new toy. Going through the brochure and asking yourself "Should I have ordered this option or that one?". Wondering if I could do the PM myself. Taking notice of new cars identical to your order while on the road. And then when you finally get that much anticipated call from the dealer - you're like a little kid on Christmas morning! :D

Hey Inocense & sooperedd - are you guys still with us - haven't heard from you in awhile?? :roll:

OC

·
Registered
98 Posts
It's in the garage

Finally. I came home yesterday afternoon with a new garage resident. After 9 weeks of waiting, my new V6, LTD, w/ leather is sitting in my garage.

What a smooth running vehicle. Can't wait to go cruising today. I'm going to have to change my driving habits a bit... I apparently took corners a bit quicker in the ol' WRX then I realized. I didn't feel like I was doing anything unusual, but you can't throw a RAV4 into a corner like a WRX.

:D

B

·
0 Posts
I actually had to order mine twice. I ordered and paid down on a V6 4x4 Limited w/leather at one dealer on Feb 27. Called three weeks later for the status and they had not even ordered it!!! :shock: :x The color that I had selected was not available in my region and instead of calling and asking me for another color, they did nothing. Needless to say, faced with the prospect of starting over, I decided to cancel the contract and go to another dealer. I bettered the deal by $700 :), but had to start my wait over. this weekend is the end of week two for me. :( :cry:

R

·
0 Posts
I ordered a V6 Limited 2wd in everglade with all the extras, incl. leather 2 weeks ago. apparently, everglade is the hardest color to get right now, or so I've been told. My current 2003 Rav still drives nicely, though, so I decided to get what I really want and wait, if I have to. I guess the next delivery is due in about two weeks, but I have already been told that it will probably be closer to 8 weeks wait. I think they seriously underestimated the V6 demand. Paid $27,500. which seems to be pretty commom price for this model in So. Cal. Been checking RavWorld every day to shorten the wait!

R

·
0 Posts
OCInsomniac said:
We know the anxiety your experiencing, ravgal - hang in there :shrug:
I remember the waiting period for my last several vehicles - checking out websites and forums, gathering all the info possible about the new toy. Going through the brochure and asking yourself "Should I have ordered this option or that one?". Wondering if I could do the PM myself. Taking notice of new cars identical to your order while on the road. And then when you finally get that much anticipated call from the dealer - you're like a little kid on Christmas morning!
OC
Thanks for the comforting words OC! Yes, I've been doing nothing but reading this forum, checking various dealer inventories online, grathering as much info as I can, and looking for RAV's on the road! I've only seen 2 other '06 RAV's on the road though. I think my husband will be so thrilled when I finally get that call from the dealer so I can finally shut up about my future RAV! Little does he know that I'll probably have more to talk about once I get it!!! :p

ravgal

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hutch -
Congrats, another one in and unfortunately many more to go!
Funny you should mention your WRX - the car I just sold to make way for my RAV was a 2002 Impreza Outback Sport. nice l'il wagon. Still have my '05 Outback - now it becomes my second car :cheers:

OC

·
Registered
218 Posts
We ordered ours on 4/1 and picked it up this past Friday (4/7). I think we got real lucky. It's a Barcelona Red V6 Sport.

S

·
0 Posts
I'm waiting to decide which car to get.

Right now the top two choices are the new Outlander or the new RAV4 V6 4WD. Secondary choices are the new Passat wagon or the Mazda CX7 AWD.

After the NY Autoshow next week, I think I'll have a better idea of what car I'm getting :wink:

·
Registered
98 Posts
OCInsomniac said:
Hutch -
Congrats, another one in and unfortunately many more to go!
Funny you should mention your WRX - the car I just sold to make way for my RAV was a 2002 Impreza Outback Sport. nice l'il wagon. Still have my '05 Outback - now it becomes my second car :cheers:

OC
Thanks OC. The WRX was a fun car but in all honesty it was a boy toy. As an only vehicle it just wasn't ... hate to say the word ... practicle. That word never use to be in my vocabulary.

BTW .. I still think you need a hair cut and some valium. :D

·
Registered
98 Posts
syadasti said:
I'm waiting to decide which car to get.

the top two choices are the new Outlander or the new RAV4 V6 4WD. Secondary choices are the new Passat wagon or the Mazda CX7 AWD.:
The Passat is on Consumer Reports worst list for reliability. It's a very attractive car but the reliability issue would give me pause.

S

·
0 Posts
thecat said:
The Passat is on Consumer Reports worst list for reliability. It's a very attractive car but the reliability issue would give me pause.
Its a secondary choice and its the new model not the B5.5. Plus it has a four year warranty and a Ward's winning VW 2L turbocharged engine. The local dealer here offered me invoice on the new 2007 wagon to start with - thats with no negotiation yet or intention to buy in the near future :D

The Passat is the best selling midsized car in Europe and easily outsells boring buick-like Camries :wink: Its also based on the same chassis as the new Golf (out in Europe a few years actually) and thats an award winning design in Europe and other parts of the world.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts