Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

We have a 2009 RAV and it has started doing something unusual. After it is started it will honk right away, about 80% of the time. Then after the initial honk it will honk twice after about 30 seconds, about 60% of the time.

As you can guess this is frustrating and has led to some strange looks and a scary situation for my wife. After it did the honk and then the two honks a shady guy came up to the window and asked my wife what she wanted.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Aftermarket alarm?

I can see a back (shorting) clock spring causing problems, but not with consistent timing and number of honks.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,716 Posts
Darren, do you have any aftermarket equipment installed, such as an alarm system, audio system, remote start, or trailer hitch wiring?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone for the responses. I do not have any aftermarket equipment installed. It did come prewired for a trailer.

Looks like I'll replace the clock spring. So far Toyota has quoted me $350.52 for the clock spring. Local parts store is at $284.99. Ebay I have found a new one that is $20.00, so not sure about pulling the trigger on that. They have sold 581 of them and have great reviews.

I did a goggle search and the clock spring replacement was brought up on here on 8-15-2013. So I have that information plus youtube videos. Let me see if I can talk the wife into something new for my man cave since I'll be saving so much on this!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts