Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Your Humble Administrator
16,511 Posts
Just hold on there, Mister! I'll have you know that my 1958 VW bug is alive. Sure, it has unaccountable miles on it. Yeah, it has had five engines, two transmissions and too many brake jobs to count, but it is still my Bug. :)

I hear ya. We are good. Love my RAV4.
That reminds me of the old carpenter that used the same hammer for 50 years. Yes, the handle had been changed 3 times, and the head twice, but it was still his favorite hammer! :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Horse Power, Fuel Economy, and a Reasonable Price.

Unfortunately, it looks like when my Rav's usable life is over, I will have to go shopping for a different automaker or settle for a Lexus to get power and economy - but alas Not at a reasonable price.

I doubt toyota will stuff another V6 269hp engine in a small CUV with all of the new economy laws manufacturers must abide by. Enjoy it while it lasts :)

·
Registered
337 Posts
10 years ago or so my wife and I walked into a Toyota dealership completely green to buying a vehicle. Wife wanted a Matrix and myself a Tacoma. Matrix was a little to small for me and the Tacoma a little to big for her. We got the Rav4. I was never a fan of the 4.1 Rav4 appearance nor the 4.2 but they both grew on me and now I'm a big fan! 270,000km later and after realizing it could push me up all the local forest roads I'm a very happy camper!

Only regret is being young and dumb and paying 8% interest over 5 years to pay it off.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Don't have regrets son. You could be old and dumb (and broke) paying 10% for 7 years (I should live so long!).:doh:
You got a RAV. You did good.

Yours in penury,
Poor Professor mlrav

·
Registered
8 Posts
In February of this year, I bought a certified 2012 Toyota RAV4 Limited V6 AWD, blizzard pearl color, with only 13k miles. I have to say that I am very satisfied with my purchase, and this vehicle is pretty beastly with the V6 option. I was considering the new redesign model (2013-present), but I really do not like the redesign look. After driving a 1998 sedan for too long to the point of having start up problems, I then chose to buy an SUV due to it's utility for activities and for my family (dog and upcoming baby). My wife also didn't want to drive something too big but I wanted a strong engine for tough jobs. The RAV4 V6 appeared to offer all these, was within our budget, and I hear Toyota is very reliable. I'm loving the car!

41 - 45 of 45 Posts