Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there an special option to have the button for rear window heater (de-icer)?... My limited edition haven't. :(

·
Registered
771 Posts
Vallesj--Do you have those lines in the back window? Some parts of the world don't even get that option. The new 4.3 even have one for the windshield wipers here in Canada.

Later. M.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is strange... the rear window has the lines normally for heating the window, but on the place supposed to be the button for turning on is not there... there is just the button for downhill assistance, and the aux 12v power... but there is no button, could be something m issing from the factory or an option that I need to add?

Kelly, why can't be posted the pictures of my album? I followed your instructions on the FAQ.

[Reply from Kelly --> My fault... I had a setting wrong in our admin panel, sorry! :roll: FIXED :D ]

·
Premium Member
3,348 Posts
:wall :lol:

I do gotta say... this rear window defogger button doesn't jump right out at you as being for the REAR window. It looks more like some sort of HVAC control :? Well... I guess it is a HEATING button :roll:

Question? :arrow: Does this button ALSO defrost the MIRRORS on the LIMITED models?

·
Registered
167 Posts
It works great at defogging the side view mirror, even better than the rear window I might say.

I will say though, that while the icon on the button is pretty standard, it does kind of blend in with the rest of the switch-gear.

I've always lived in New England, and that button in any vehicle is part of life, and I had to read the manual twice to remember which button to press to activate the heating elements. Might just be me though... :lol:

·
Registered
168 Posts
Think of the icon this way....your back window is square so the icon is square. For the front defroster, it is the shape of your windshield i.e. not square so it is the other button.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Good way to look at it Kuj.

For me personally, it was more a matter of all past cars I have used/owned for any period of time that I needed the rear defrosters, the button or switch was always independent from the HVAC controls.

This is my first real experience with a Japanese car. Experienced with VW's, Audi's and American cars.

For those with more experience with Japanese cars, is this a normal location for this button to be integrated with the HVAC switchgear in Japanese cars?

R

·
0 Posts
The back window is square but the icon for the front window is upside down. I know its like this in most cars but I still find it strange.

·
Registered
6,348 Posts
did you read KUJ's explaination? Thats why they are shaped like they are. Its not 'up side down'

rav4ron said:
The back window is square but the icon for the front window is upside down. I know its like this in most cars but I still find it strange.

R

·
0 Posts
flyingn said:
did you read KUJ's explaination? Thats why they are shaped like they are. Its not 'up side down'

rav4ron said:
If you take a look at your windshield either from the inside or the outside which part of it is longer, the base or the top of the windshield? Now does it look upside down?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for the information, this is also my first time with that kind of drawing for the de-icer.... it is very similar as the windshield... but thanks everyone.

Kelly, thanks for fixing the problem for posting pictures..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts