Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
You might ask: Why so serious with the brakes mensajero? Upgrading the fronts disc and installing disc on the rear. I've been trying to keep this low key. Why? Because when ever I tried to do something regarding power. $ome things came up that I had to break the piggy bank. Some times it could not be accomplished for one reason or another. But I saw an opening and I took the chance. My wife is going to kill me but it was too good to be true. My neighbor just total his Toyota Highlander. I mean he crushed it. Look like he was a little pass on the pumpkin juice and left his Highlander on a hill without the emergency brake engaged. It rocked and rolled over a cliff. I got the spoils. I'm just starting at this you guys will have to give me some pointers as I go. But at least the most important parts are a GO!. I've done the research already and I know to who I'm going for parts and wiring. Wish me luck guys. The flywheel,
Fidanza​
. But I'm still not finish with the parts. I want to call it, RAV6TT!!

·
Registered
8,591 Posts
Are you certain that you didn't help that Highlander roll over the cliff so that you could have the resulting goodies?:D

·
Registered
10,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not really, but when I saw the flat belt crossing in front of my home. A light went off in my head. I started to add and subtract the cost of repair and I quickly came to the conclusion that the Highlander had it mate. :D:D

After that, I started to add and subtract my cost.:surprise

·
Premium Member
1999 Toyota RAV4 with 3MZ-FE 6 cylinder engine, camo wrap, OME lift, heavily modded
2,085 Posts
Kool, keep us updated on your progress. Are your sure you didn't just give it a little nudge, LOL.

·
Registered
10,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:D not at all.

BTW, the first hurdle has appeared. The front engine mount. As you can see. The dude just removed the engine and cleaned it out with a pressure hose. Cut a lot of, I guess, expensive hoses and taped up some leaking lines. Look like he was having some differences with his wife regarding insurance. Anyway, I was looking around and I have two alternative. Some time ago, I was in touch with some guys from Woodsport.

They have done this project and they gave a lot of information along with a lot of pictures. I'll post them once I find them.

Or, go to some dude I saw a while ago with many MR2 V6. I think they can give me a lot of information regarding parts and do and don't. Wish me luck guys, I think I'm going to need it.:nerd

·
Registered
10,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
And I think I found the solution. I was advice from the guys that have installed a V6 engine into an MR2 not to leave the engine without a front engine mount. The other engine mounts will line up, and it will hold. This was also recommended from Woodsport. Price for the front engine mount, $160.00 plus shipping from the UK :roll:. Hell, looking at it I can do one with a polyurethane bushing. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
412 Posts
Are you certain that you didn't help that Highlander roll over the cliff so that you could have the resulting goodies?:D

LOL .. He can't admit that on a public forum. :D

·
Premium Member
1999 Toyota RAV4 with 3MZ-FE 6 cylinder engine, camo wrap, OME lift, heavily modded
2,085 Posts
Looking at the Toyota engine/tranny mounts it shouldn't be hard to fabricate one to work, if the experts are saying you don't really need it and they do good work then leave it off. Personally, I would at least make an attempt to fabricate one.

·
Registered
10,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I will place it as sturdy as possible inside the engine bay. The guys over at MR2 V6 have a ton of expedience and parts. And man, I have to say it. They are willing to help with very good guidelines and opinions. They even have a set of custom headers. Of course they are for the MR2 engine bay. But like one said. A little twist here and there and they could work. This is the front MR2 engine mount.

http://www.bryanf.com/MR2/enginst.htm

1 - 10 of 10 Posts