Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, my name is Jasper from NY. My wife just purchased this car today and boy I was more happy than she was. Test drove in the interstate, and I was really impress on the handling and the suspension. Very responsive although could use some more power.
The condition of the car is excellent. The color is black with 52K mileage. Dealer was asking for 16K and we made a deal for 13K, is it a good deal?
Anyway, I am glad I find a forum site for this vehicle and I am loving it already. Great job guys...

Jasper

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Jasper most of us feel the same as you about the RAV.
The only one thing you forgot to mention is the Sweet Design. Looks great from all angles 8)

Phil it's a 2004 so he has 2.4 engine which i wish i had (with supercharger of coarse :D )

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Jasper:

3 weeks ago I bought a 2003 RAV4 with 13k miles for my wife (with my kids essentially grown, I was anxious to get rid of the proverbial van). Unfortunately, I’ve fallen in love with the thing and want it for my own. I’ve never cared much for cars – just wanted them to get me from point A to B – but I’m crazy about the RAV. It is just so much fun to drive. I spent all Christmas vacation cleaning and waxing, replacing the stock stereo speakers (most bang-for-the-buck upgrade), adding sound deadening material, testing with the Scanguage etc. My next upgrade is a K&N air filter. This forum is a great place to get information and ideas to upgrade your RAV

I can’t wait to take it to the red-rock country of Moab, Utah and try it out on some of the more basic 4-wheel drive trails.

When we first bought it, I ordered personalized plates for my wife to help her feel better about giving up her beloved van, so I’m going to look a little silly always driving a car that says, “SUZ RAV” (my wife’s name is Suzanne).

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea i forgot to mentioned the sweet design of this SUV...

very well done by Totoya. I am a Nissan kind of guy by the way but I have so much respect for Toyota Engineers. They do make good cars. I currently drive(well actually in the garage right now) a 93 Nissan 300ZX TT( http://behindmyzworld.blogspot.com ) but looking forward to get to drive this Rav4 in the snow here in NY. This should be fun, I just hope wifey let me drive it. :) Any of you did a 3 inch lift to this car? Or any supercharge, engine swap? Yea I a m pretty sure...

Later
Jasper.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi everybody!
Jasper congrats foy your buy! And reading all the positive comments all you guys make let me tell you that I'm also happy because I bought a rav4L 2005 and I'm going to get it tomorrow morning! I'm so excited about it because I really wanted to buy it a couple of years ago and now is for real. I had a hard time deciding about getting the 2005 or 2006 model, but after waiting to see the new one I didn't like it, too big for my needs.

Wish me luck tomorrow! :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts