Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting my wife a newer RAV4 as her older one has over 200,000 miles. Here are my questions:

She currently owns a 1997 RAV4 Limited Ed. 4WD with a nice set of alloy wheels.

The 1998 4WD she is getting only has the much cheaper set of wheels on it.

Both rim dimensions are 16" x 6.5", yet any ads I have seen for the 5-spoke Alloy Wheels do not say they are for 1998.

Has anyone tried to see if they would fit? Not sure if the brakes are aligned differently in the 1998 and that is why they may not fit. Just curious.

Thank-you in advance for any and all replies.

·
Registered
19 Posts
For additional info, my 2000 RAV (4.1) has an alloy wheels from 2003 RAV s (4.2) they fit right, no problem at all. I think it looks better since the wheel from 4.2 is wider (16 x 7).

·
Registered
176 Posts
I put the three spoke alloy wheels from a '97 on my '98 untill I broke one :? Now I have three - cost too much to replace just one so I went back to the steel wheels. But you should have no problem with them fitting.

·
Super Moderator
1,554 Posts
Stelly said:
I put the three spoke alloy wheels from a '97 on my '98 untill I broke one :? Now I have three - cost too much to replace just one so I went back to the steel wheels. But you should have no problem with them fitting.
Hey Stelly, are you talking about these?

If so how about selling them to me

·
Registered
176 Posts
mine are in pretty tough shape -- I don't drive where most people do. They weren't real good when they were on the '97. I will have to get them out of storage and take some pictures of them for you.

·
Registered
986 Posts
One of my alloys has a nice 4" scrape on the lip of the rim from when I swiped it on a curb parallel parking two years ago. I thought about getting it replaced, but those alloys cost over $300 apiece so I've learned to live with it. One day I'll just by a set of Toyota rims off eBay...

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys for informing me that I can do the swap.

Yeh, once ya go alloy ya never go back.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts