Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My headlights are foggy, going to replace them. Will the 09-12 assemblies bolt in with no other modifications? Same bulbs and sockets?

·
Registered
7,922 Posts
No . Different bumper, fender and hood.

You could buy some aftermarket ones online (Ebay, Amazon, CarId,..) or simply restore them with off the shelf products.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,922 Posts
Yeah, after almost 7 years, my headlights are turning too. What I thought were scratches look like minute cracks in the plastic. Meanwhile my 19-year old Nissan with GLASS headlights are perfect.

·
Registered
156 Posts
If you are feeling ambitious, the 06-08 Japan and 06-09 Euro fixtures have matching fitments ;)

Since I swapped mine, I had the swap-ins protected with some Weathertech Lampgard. I'm curious to see how it handles the winter.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
No . Different bumper, fender and hood.

You could buy some aftermarket ones online (Ebay, Amazon, CarId,..) or simply restore them with off the shelf products.
My 2c. Replaced the OEMs on my 99 Camry with aftermarkets couple of years ago and tossed the old ones. Very sorry, as I found the new ones won't stay in alignment due to apparent poor quality. I would have restored the old ones and tossed the new ones if I only had kept them.:frown

1 - 8 of 8 Posts